Senior Associate Corporate Audit - United Kingdom
- Our company is one of the world’s largest independent biotechnology companies, with a global turnover in excess of $20 billion and over 18,000 employees globally.
- For more than 35 years, our company has pioneered biotechnology breakthroughs, to bring state-of-the-art medicines from laboratory to the patient.
- Our company has not only discovered and developed innovative human therapeutics, but has invested in cutting edge manufacturing capability and support services to deliver these exciting therapies to medical teams around the world.
Assists the General Auditor, directors, managers and staff of company Corporate Audit, in providing independent, objective assurance and consulting services designed to add value and improve the operations of the Company
- Helps determine whether the Company’s systems of risk management, control and governance processes are adequate and functioning in a manner appropriate to a Company of our size and market.
- Effectively plans, coordinates, and conducts periodic audits in accordance with approved annual audit plans
- Interacts with company's senior and mid-level management.
- Demonstrates a high level of professionalism and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Successfully manages and cultivates key relationships to ensure that Corporate Audit’s scope of work and the objectives of the organization are completed in a cost-effective and timely manner.
- Exercises excellent judgment and initiative in handling business issues of significance to Corporate Audit and the Company.
- Drafts work papers documenting work performed and written communications of audit and consulting engagement results.
- Discharges responsibilities in a manner that is consistent with The Institute of Internal Auditors’ Code of Ethics, International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing and Statement of Responsibilities.
Travel: Global, up to 50 % per year
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline
- Evidence of progressive experience in finance, accounting, auditing, sales & marketing, compliance and / or operations
- An advanced degree / certification such as MBA, CPA / Chartered Accountant (or equivalent), CISA and/or Six Sigma.
- External audit (e.g., Big 4) and / or internal audit (e.g., Fortune 500) experience is highly desirable
- Knowledge and understanding of internal control framework
- Knowledge of the FCPA / Anti-Corruption practices, controls
- Experience in conducting Third Party audits and Due Diligence activities
- Self-starter with excellent project management and communication (both verbal and written) skills,
- Excellent and insightful analytical skills
- Excellent business acumen (e.g., knowledge of business drivers, finding solutions and knowledge of accounting, finance and other business areas)
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point (preferred: SAP)
- Language skills: Fluency in English required, other languages (French, German, Spanish) preferred
- Our company is an equal opportunities employer