This job is currently Archived,
Senior Associate, Administrative Services - United States
Posted on : 09 June 2017
- Our company is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products.
- The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where our company has codified its 125-year legacy.
- Our company's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
- our company is on a quest for cures and is committed to being the world’s premier, most research-intensive biopharmaceutical company.
- Today, we’re doubling down on this goal.
- Our company Research Laboratories is a true scientific research facility of tomorrow, and will take our company's leading discovery capabilities and world-class small molecule and biologic R&D expertise to create breakthrough science that radically changes the way we approach serious diseases.
The primary activities include, but are not limited to:
- General and confidential secretarial/clerical/administrative duties.
- Expense management and financial budget support.
- Maintaining calendars, including scheduling of international and domestic travel.
- Effectively interacting with company executives and internal clients both on-site and remotely to maintain workflow.
- Coordinating special projects within the division/area including working with Meeting Planning Services and providing assistance planning and supporting off-site vents, some travel will be necessary.
- Support virtual meetings using the latest technologies for WebExs, Teleconferences and Webcasts, ensuring seamless execution of logistics.
- Coordination of interviews, onboarding meetings-connecting field personnel with internal stakeholders, connecting, and orienting to processes such as comet, IT needs for new hires, setting up systems, etc.
- Experience with field support.
- The primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Calendar Management including the scheduling and handling of logistics of recurring department meetings and events
- Demonstrated experience scheduling and coordinating complex, multi-leg domestic and international travel, including visa/passport procurement
- Expense reporting
- Communication Skills must be at a level to effectively interact with company executives and internal/external clients both on-site and remotely to maintain workflow, handle routine correspondence
- Develop and organize departmental files, including the support and use of Team sites
- Demonstrate an understanding of our company policies and procedures.
- Provide confidential administrative support in handling a variety of business & HR, and other HR-related activities
- Understand procurement processes to initiate new Purchase Orders, process invoices and maintain accurate recordkeeping.
- Cover for other GCSA administrative assistants as needed.
Required: High School Diploma/GED is required, Associates' degree or higher is preferred.
- Minimum 8 years Administrative Assistant experience
- Minimum 3 years Administrative experience supporting senior or executive level management position
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced computer skills using (MS Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point)
- SAP experience processing Expense Reports, Purchase Orders, Payment Requests. Vendor Add Forms, as well as run reports within SAP
- Organization and time management: Ability to handle and prioritize a large number of simultaneous assignments
- Outstanding communication and people skills
- Extraordinary attention to detail
- Good judgment and discretion, handle sensitive documents and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work independently and with little supervision
- Event Planning/Coordination experience
- Advanced secretarial/clerical abilities with a history of strong performance
Professional certification (Certified Administrative Professional, Project Management Professional Certification.
- Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program.
- Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
Job Segment: Administrative Assistant, Procurement, Medical, Administrative, Operations, Healthcare, Research, Records