Purpose of the main job
The job holder is responsible for achieving sales growth, gaining market share and meeting targets in an assigned area for Analytical Instruments. (GC, HPLC, ICPMS, AAS, Etc)
- Responsible for selling the company’s products or services directly to end-users.
- Develops new accounts and/or expands existing accounts within an established geographic territory, industry or product segment.
- Identifies customer needs and trends and presents company products and support services to customers appropriately and effectively.
- Responsible for ensuring the territory prospect pipeline is populated with a balance of short, mid and long term prospects sufficient for the continuous attainment of territory half year targets. Actively sells the increased value of company products and services and always negotiates the best price thus minimizing price erosion.
- Facilitates in solving customer problems by assuring cross functional coordination.
- Participates in trade show/exhibitions.
- Provides and maintains account mapping on all accounts and maintains accurate customer and prospect information.
- Listens to customer requirements and presents appropriately to make a sale
- Maintains and develops relationships with existing customers in person and via telephone calls and emails;
- Acts as a contact between a company and its existing and potential markets
- Negotiates the terms of an agreement and closing sales
- Gathers market and customer information
- Represents the organization at trade exhibitions, events and demonstrations
- Creates detailed proposal documents, often as part of a formal bidding process that is largely dictated by the prospective customer
- Reviews his own sales performance, aiming to meet or exceed targets gaining a clear understanding of customers' businesses and requirements;
- Attends team meeting and shares best practice with colleagues.
Job Requirements :
- Education: B. Pharm. / B.Sc. / M.B.A. / M.Sc. / Diploma in Marketing
- Required work experience related to position : 4-7 Years
Special requirements\Skills\Attributes :
- Resourceful Customer oriented
- Willingness to travel
- Proactive mindset with strong sense of responsibility and ownership
- Result oriented and able to operate effectively in a multicultural global workplace
- Provides team members with the help, coaching and support
- Ability to analyze and solve complex problems
- Creates effective customer relationships
- Demonstrates leadership by using expertise to address customer issues
- % of Travel Required : 50-60%