This job is currently Archived,
Senior Analyst Trade Compliance Beerse Belgium, Zug Switzerland, Dubai United Arab Emirates, Belgium, Rome Italy,
Johnson & Johnson (company)
Posted on : 02 June 2017
As part of the Customer and Logistics Services EMEA organization and in line with the strategic objective to achieve enterprise-wide alignment and governance processes for transportation, for the EMEA region; the CLS Transportation Team - EMEA has been introduced. The CLS Transportation - EMEA is taking up the responsibility for transportation for the 3 sectors within J&J: Consumer, Pharma (Janssen) and MD.
As part of this team there are 4 direct pillars
- Strategic Sourcing & Supplier Relationship Management (SRM)
- Transportation Operations
- Trade Compliance
- Transportation Technology, Analytics & Business Processes
The Trade Compliance Senior Analyst as member of the Trade Compliance pillar will liaise with the JnJ Global Trade Compliance team to ensure that all regional compliance processes and programs are aligned with the corporate vision and strategy. He or she will work with the Global Trade compliance team to define and implement global Trade Compliance Standards, processes and tools, ensuring that regional requirements are represented where appropriate.
He or she will cooperate with regional points of contact for JnJ internal customers and key business partners for questions regarding the import, export, or transfer of goods or services across international borders. He or she will develop guidance on import and export procedures for EMEA physical goods flows. Understand and interpret relevant import/export regulations and establish & maintain a Trade Compliance Library/Portal. He or she will manage EMEA Trade Compliance data -- KPIs, Metrics, and dashboards.
He or she will liaise with Customs Authorities cross-EMEA and work closely together with our regional trade compliance representatives.
- Liaise and collaborate with the Global Trade compliance team to complete and implement global Trade Compliance Standards, processes and tools ensuring regional requirements are represented where appropriate.
- Ensure data integrity with regard to Customs documentation, product classification, country of origin, valuation, and export controls
- Processes & Training
- Map existing import/export processes
- Document best practices
- Develop tool kits & trainings to enhance franchise knowledge & competency
- Advise on and provide targeted support on trade compliance aspects of supply chain, logistics, or transport operations projects.
- Provide input on the Customs implications of various programs
- Provide input and support regarding Customs implications for set-up of new transportation lanes
- Provide support in dealing with Customs or other regulatory agencies, license applications, blocked shipments, etc.
- Understand and interpret relevant import/export regulations
- Identify current & upcoming regulations relevant to JnJ EMEA stakeholders
- Assess & maintain JnJ compliance with EMEA import/export regulations
- Validate with internal & external stakeholders whether JnJ Service Providers are compliant with such regulations; advise & report cases of non-compliance
- Liaise with external bodies (e.g. regulatory agencies, Customs authorities) and internal stakeholders (e.g. VAT group) where appropriate to verify, validate, and understand the details of applicable regulations
- Support projects to implement improvements and adjustments to trade-related activities
Knowledge and Skills
- Subject matter expert within the functional area of Trade Compliance with +3 years experience
- Experience with international trade flows and import/export documentation covering Europe, Middle East, US, and Switzerland
- Experienced in customs brokerage activities
- Affinity with AEO (Authorized Economic Operator) and C-TPAT (Customs Trade Partnership Against Terrorism) certification processes and Export controls rules
- Experience and/or training in some of the following areas of competence:
- Incoterms 2010
- World Customs Organization
- World Trade Organization
- Export Controls - EAR (Export Administration Regulations), ITAR (Intl Traffic in Arms Regulations, FCPA (Foreign Corrupt Practices Act)
- Customs Valuation agreement
- Customer oriented and has a pro-active attitude.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to partner with and influence others without direct authority; build consensus and look for collaboration with people from different organizations.
- Ability to manage complexity and change
- Process oriented mindset (process excellence) and able to manage complexity and change. Strong project management competencies
Europe/Middle East/Africa-Switzerland-Zug-Zug, Europe/Middle East/Africa-United Arab Emirates-Dubai-Dubai, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Belgium-Brussels-Capital Region-Diegem, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Italy-Lazio-Rome
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)
Beerse, Belgium Zug, Switzerland Dubai, United Arab Emirates Capital Region, Belgium Rome, Italy
Find a Job Find Candidates