- Operates as subject matter expert by providing technical and analytical support to the Payroll function for our company and other company affiliates.
- Supports payroll preparation/processing and related responsibilities such as tax reporting, benefits-records administration, or payroll systems maintenance for company and related companies we service including full payroll services for NNRC, NNRCI, company Ventures and NNUSBPI to ensure they are compliant with company policy, generally accepted accounting principles and federal, state and local regulations.
- Processes time records, compiles payroll metrics, calculates deductions such as Social Security, withholding taxes, and 401(k) contributions, and disburses payrolls. Analyzes audits, reconciles and resolves complex payroll processing and employee payroll issues to ensure smooth, timely payroll processing.
Reports to the Director, Payroll and is accountable for interacting with all levels of internal and external customers on a regular basis. Internally provides support to other payroll team members. External relationships include various vendors for Payroll, Mobility, and Benefits.
INFLUENCES KEY STAKEHOLDERS:
Builds and maintains trusting, collaborative relationships and alliances with others inside and outside the organization which help accomplish key business objectives.
INFLUENCES KEY STAKEHOLDERS:
Provides partnership, oversight and direction to business leaders regarding payroll policies, programs and initiatives.
Develop and drive to completion plans for special projects, Issues Logs and ongoing requirements & support the execution – Year/Quarter-end, Annual Enrollment, etc.·
Manages Disability processing-complex calculations, urgent off cycle payment requests, vendor file feeds, 3PSP tracking, state disability payments, workers compensation premium offsets and processing.
Processes/Pays all company employees including Executive Team members, all Vice President’s, and International.
Ensure preparation and processing of biweekly and special/off cycle payrolls using the ADP systems including PayForce (Payroll), ADP Connection (Payroll linking software from SAP HR), ADP G/L, and ADP adjust mate.
Manages calculations of all the biweekly adjustments to payroll Voluntary and Non-Voluntary such as- Core benefit deductions, 401K, MetLife, Long Term Care, Bonds, etc., and prepares, verifies and reconciles associated reports.
Ensure timely and accurate submission of required reporting (i.e. incident reporting, metrics, payroll summary, etc.)·
Identify payroll vulnerabilities and opportunities for improvement. Responsible for continuous process improvement identified through root-cause analyses engaging other support teams as needed.
PAYROLL OPERATIONS: Ensures payroll compliance with Company Policies, Federal, State, Local, International regulations, and Sarbox.
PAYROLL OPERATIONS: Responsible for creating and maintaining payroll guidelines and written instructions for payroll policies and procedures
Support the year-end payroll process with various internal relationships and external vendors such as Ernst and Young (E&Y), AIReS Relocation, Limeade, AYCO, and Achievers (WTG), etc. to solicit taxable wage data not captured in the regular payroll process and prepare W-2's and W-3 Year-End reconciliation for all employees in all 50 states and Puerto Rico, including all International employees such as- Expatriates, Foreign Nationals, etc. and submits to appropriate government agencies.
Oversee the maintenance of payroll files and records as well as filing payroll records in personnel files (Legal Record Retention), coordination with Iron Mountain for electronic employee files.
Addresses all complex tax issues and responds to Federal, State and Local Tax Inquiries as needed, creates ADP Cases and advises Payroll Director or Manager of any issue requiring further escalation.
UNDERSTANDS HR LAWS AND PROGRAMS:
Demonstrates advanced knowledge of the laws and policies that affect HR and payroll processes, programs and/or strategies.
Less than 5% overnight travel
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS: EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- A Bachelor’s Degree required in accounting, business, or a related field; solid, relevant experience and/or certification in Payroll may be substituted for degree, when appropriate; advanced degree a plus.Requires a minimum of six years of progressively responsible experience in Payroll.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel required.APA Fundamental Payroll Certification (FPC) required, APA Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) as well as all Federal, State and Local tax laws.
- Demonstrated strategic ability, comprehensive knowledge of pharmaceutical business practices, and the ability to execute plans and complex assignments.Must be able to facilitate management and employee understanding of payroll procedures.Must be a strong team player and collaborate across boundaries.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to inspire and motivate others.
- Must maintain current on Payroll systems to achieve alignment with HR, Benefits and other related areas and to ensure effective accounting support.
- Planning and organization: an ability to plan and manage multiple projects.
- Solid working knowledge of HR policies, practices, legislation related to payroll.Strong customer orientation; attention to detail; and problem analysis and problem resolution.
- Works within company’s established policies and procedures and ensures alignment of their work to company fundamentals.
- Embraces our company Values in spirit and actions.