Senior Administrative Assistant Job - United States
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The Corporate Strategy Office (CSO) develops, translates and enables realization of enterprise strategy in support of Merck, its customers, and shareholders. The CSO uses an enterprise strategy management system comprised of three phases. Strategy Development is the process of formulating and selecting strategic choices that deliver on specific performance targets with a long-term (5-10 year) time horizon. Strategic Planning involves the cyclical processes that result in plans and resource allocation decisions to effectively implement our strategies with a mid-term (3-5 year) time horizon in alignment with financial & operational planning. Strategy Realization includes the mechanisms to ensure monitoring and execution of the most critical aspects of our strategy with a nearer-term (1-2 year) time horizon. Throughout the cycle, the CSO works closely with the office of the CEO, the CFO and EC members, and in strong collaboration with leaders in the divisions and functions to ensure strategy alignment, explicit linkages and planning, ongoing monitoring, and identification and mitigation of risks.
The Senior Administrative Assistant position will report to the Associate Vice President, Corporate Strategy Office Lead. The primary activities of the position include and are not limited to the following:
- General Secretarial/Clerical duties
- Coordination and performing of multiple tasks while understanding the project principles and technical skills related to own work assignments.
- Providing preparation support for Board of Director, EC and other senior level meetings
- Prioritizing work and activities with little supervision.
- Producing/completing various work assignments requiring analytical ability, independent judgment, creativity and problem solving skills.
- Scheduling occasional domestic and international travel
- Supporting the use of Team Sites
- Communicating at a level to effectively interact with Executive Committee Administrative Associates, Merck executives and internal/external clients both on-site and remotely to maintain workflow.
- Potential coordination of special projects or meetings within the division/area.
- Required: High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Preferred: Advanced education or certifications such as (e.g. Certified Administrative Professional, Project Management Professional Certification, Professional in Human Resources Certification)
- Minimum of (8) years Administrative Assistant experience
- Minimum of (3) years Executive Administrative experience supporting senior executives (Sr. Director, Executive Director, VP or above)
- Advanced computer skills using MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point etc.) and operation of other peripheral devices
- SAP experience processing: Expense Reports; Purchase Orders and Payment Requests; Vendor Add Forms, as well as the capability to run reports within SAP
- Experience scheduling complex travel arrangements including multi-leg domestic and international travel
- Demonstrated experience with processing of Visas/Passports.
- Advanced secretarial/clerical abilities with a history of high performance
- Documented experience as a strong performer in current and past positions
- Ability to handle and prioritize a large number of simultaneous assignments
- Experience with event planning and coordination
- Extraordinary attention to detail
- Outstanding communication and people skills
- Experience with financial and budget tasks
- Experience working in different divisions and functions across Merck
- Experience working with Executive Committee Administrate Assistants
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Administrative Svcs Generic
Job Title:Sr. Assoc, Administrative Services
Primary Location: NA-US-NJ-Kenilworth
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: New York City
Nearest Secondary Market: Newark
Job Segment: Secretary, ERP, Clerical, SAP, Strategic Planning, Administrative, Technology, Strategy