Senior Adams Simulation Engineer (Contract) - United Kingdom
- Our company is a global provider of pioneering engineering, research and test services to the automotive, defense, aerospace and rail sectors.
- We work in close collaboration with vehicle manufacturers and suppliers around the world, providing comprehensive support ranging from individual product tests to turnkey engineering design, development and build programmes.
- With over 70 years’ experience in developing some of the world’s most iconic vehicles, our engineers utilise the latest test facilities and simulation tools to make vehicles and journeys safer, cleaner, more efficient and rewarding.
- The Simulation and Design team comprises specialist resources addressing the needs of complex simulation of structures, fluids and thermal behaviour as well as design support of our vehicle development projects, deploying industry-standard software as required by our customers in all areas of our work.
- Our Adams function occupies a pivotal role within Simulation.
- We are looking for a capable and expert Adams user to take on and deliver packages of simulation work to help in our core activities of vehicle development and of problem solving in a range of vehicle types.
- The successful candidate will support and liaise with our engineering teams in all aspects of Vehicle Engineering including Vehicle Dynamics and NVH specialists and will be collaborating on a daily basis with other simulation colleagues.
- Broad application of MSC.Adams software (including "Adams Car") in an automotive consultancy or manufacturer
- Very good understanding of vehicle dynamics
- Familiarity with processes of correlation and optimisation
- Experience of multiple vehicle types and sizes
- Use of other simulation software
- Direct interaction with customers
- Commercial awareness
- Adams View and Adams Car software skills
- Build and analyse full vehicle and subsystem models
- Correlation to K&C data
- Load cascading
- Report writing and verbal communication/presentation
Desirable experience for this role would include:
- Other MSC.Adams options
- Use and authoring of macros
- First degree in a relevant engineering discipline