Senior Accountant - Belgium
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Posted on : 08 March 2017
- Our company is a leading global provider of in vitro diagnostics.
- We have an established track record for providing high-quality products and services to the global clinical laboratory and immunohematology communities.
- Our company has approximately 3,800 employees, serving customers in more than 120 countries.
- We are recruiting and retaining the best and brightest around the world.
- People who are performance driven, want to make a difference and who help us grow our leadership position in a changing marketplace.
- The power to reimagine starts with empowered people.
- People who are empowered to grow and given the chance to succeed in ways they hadn’t thought possible before.
- Our purpose is simple: to improve and save lives with diagnostics. We do that by re imagining what’s possible.
The Career Potential:
- Our company is committed to improving and saving lives with diagnostics.
- To do this we hire people who share this dream and are ready for new adventures.
- As a valued team member, you will carve your own career path and be part of building this company stronger and better than ever before.
- There is no limit to the experiences, opportunities and new directions you will have access to here at our company.
- More importantly, you will be driving the surge of a whole new direction in important medicine.
- That’s something we can all take pride in as we take this journey together.
As the company transitions, we are seeking a Senior Accountant Benelux.
- Financial Accounting & Compliance:
- Undertake monthly closing activities: prepare general ledger entries, cost center allocations
- Support compliant closing process: produce correct and clean Trial Balance with supporting reconciliations
- Submit VAT, Intrastat and other statistical filings with the BENE authorities
- Oversee IC activities – ensure no out of balances with affiliates
- Business Support: - Support forecasting and treasury activities for delivering accurate business information
- Provide appropriate interpretation of business results in the Benelux Region
- Active member for supporting Benelux Finance team in various ad hoc requests & projects
- Shared Services Center/EMEA Finance team :
- Liaise with SSC team in Prague for ATR, OTC , P2P & VAT matters
- Liaise and work collaboratively with various team members across the EMEA region for e.g. X-Charges
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in Economics/Business Administration
- Approx. 5 years relevant experience in Accounting Solid understanding of BeNe statutory, tax & US GAAP Reporting
- Principles Experience in SAP Experience in working in international environment is a plus
- Languages: Native Dutch, Fluent in English is a must
- Profound knowledge of Excel
- Strong communications skills
- Eager to Learn & Open Minded Team player
- We are proud of the empowering, inclusive and innovative culture we are growing.
- Our team is passionate about our work, and brings deep knowledge, industry experience and diverse thinking that drive results, making our company a place to grow your career.
- Our company is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.