|Sonova Holding AG, headquartered in Staefa, Switzerland, is the leading manufacturer of innovative hearing care solutions worldwide. The group operates through its core business brands - Phonak, Unitron, Advanced Bionics and Connect Hearing - and offers its customers one of the most comprehensive product portfolios in the industry – from hearing aids to cochlear implants to wireless communication solutions. |
Founded in 1947, the company is currently present in over 90 countries across the globe and has a workforce of over 9,000 dedicated employees. It is a public company, traded on the SIX Swiss Exchange.
Phonak LLC, headquartered in Warrenville, IL, was founded in 1989 and is the largest group company within Sonova. It manufactures and distributes digital hearing instruments and wireless accessories to hearing health professionals throughout the United States.
|Phonak / USA / Warrenville (IL)|
|If you are ready to take the next step in your career and expand the accounting skills you've gained, ideally in a Big 4 accounting firm, our Senior Accountant position may be a great match for you. As Phonak's Senior Accountant at our Warrenville, Illinois, location, you will add depth and breadth to your career in a role with varied responsibilities. You'll also join a mission-driven organization that is making a measurable difference in the lives of thousands around the world with our state-of-the-art hearing aids. As you become a key member within a passionate accounting and finance team, you will thrive in our collaborative work environment and take pride in a role that enables you to make a measurable impact on our success. |
As our Senior Accountant, you will report to the Controller and interact closely with a team that is dedicated to excellence. We will rely on you for financial reporting and general ledger account maintenance for three reporting entities. Your business acumen will enable you to understand both the business aspects and the accounting details, thus understanding the "whys" behind our processes. Besides being extremely well organized, detailed and exacting, your analytical skills are top notch and allow you to find insights that others may miss. Others will be relying on your output and you take pride in meeting your responsibilities, whatever it takes.
If you thrive in a work environment that provides you with direction, and then gives you the freedom and autonomy to go out and get the job done, you'll find it here. We are open to improving our processes and making things work better, and you are the kind of professional who proactively identifies and shares those opportunities.
| • Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the business operations, financial reporting and general ledger structure for three reporting entities |
• General and subsidiary ledger account maintenance, analysis and reconciliations
• Actively participate in the monthly close process in accordance with headquarter schedules
• Timely and accurate submission of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements
• Analyze, map, and record payroll data into general ledger
• Proactively identify opportunities to improve business results
• Champion an effective control environment, including the use of proper accounting methods, policies and principles
• Assist in the preparation of client schedules and coordination of annual external audit and internal audits
• Special projects, ad hoc analysis, and workflow process improvements as required
| • Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting |
• CPA and public accounting experience
• Three to five years related accounting experience
• SAP knowledge a benefit, but not required
• Time-management, organizational skills, and strict attention to detail are a must
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal
• Must exhibit strong sense of ownership, accountability, and desire to excel
|We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.|
|Phonak LLC |
4520 Weaver Parkway
IL 60555-3927 Warrenville