Kite is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies with a goal of providing rapid, long-term durable response and eliminating the burden of chronic care. The company is focused on chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) and T cell receptor (TCR) engineered cell therapies designed to empower the immune system's ability to recognize and kill tumors. Kite is based in Santa Monica, CA. For more information on Kite, please visit www.kitepharma.com. Sign up to follow @KitePharma on Twitter at www.twitter.com/kitepharma.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join us as a Senior Accountant. You will work with the finance team in supporting our efforts in this exciting new area of cancer immunotherapy. This role will be a hands-on resource reporting to the Accounting Manager.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Manage the day-to-day general ledger accounting processes
- Manage fixed assets accounting, prepaid expenses and other asset accounts, including preparation of journal entries and monthly/quarterly reconciliations
- Prepares and records asset, liability, revenue, and expenses entries by compiling and analyzing account information
- Assist with implementation of ERP system
- Assist with quarterly closing process, including account reconciliations and journal entry recording
- Assist with the annual audits and quarterly reviews, including managing tie-out binders
- Assist with development and implement internal control policies and procedures for SOX 404 compliance
- Payroll accounting and liaise with external PEO to coordinate new hires and terminations
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience recording Accrual Journal entries is required.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline
- At least five years of experience in an Accounting role in a biotechnology or pharmaceutical company, in a public traded company and/or public accounting
- Working knowledge of ERP systems such as Oracle
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word)
- Ability to work well in a dynamic, results oriented and cross-functional team environment
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are essential in this collaborative work environment
- Comfortable in a fast-paced small company environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities
· High energy level and a positive outlook coupled with the requisite “can do” attitude and a willingness to do what it takes to achieve personal and organizational goals and overcome obstacles
· Willingness to think outside of the box and adapt best practices to our small, but growing environment
· Ability to adapt in a constantly evolving environment
· Self-motivated with a strong sense of ownership in areas of responsibility and a high degree of professionalism, ethics and integrity
Kite Pharma, an equal opportunity employer, is located in beautiful Santa Monica, CA just steps from Santa Monica Blvd and right off the 10. We are able to offer the opportunity to be part of this successful, fast growing company. A place everyone knows your name and respects your opinion while at the same time offering benefits and time off packages commensurate to any large corporation. To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.kitepharma.com.
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please submit your resume or CV, cover letter and salary requirements. All submissions will be evaluated and interviews will be conducted for those applicants who most strongly fit our needs. If you are not contacted for an interview, your resume will remain on file and active for available positions for a period of one year.
No phone calls please and no agencies or recruiters.