Jazz Pharmaceuticals, plc (NASDAQ: JAZZ) is an international biopharmaceutical company focused on improving patients' lives by identifying, developing and commercializing meaningful products that address unmet medical needs. The company has a diverse portfolio of products and product candidates, with a focus in the areas of sleep and hematology/oncology and has approximately 1,000 employees in the United States and Europe.
We are looking for a talented and experienced Senior Accountant to work in the Palo Alto, CA office. The person will be primarily responsible for Accruals, Fixed Assets, Prepayments, Accounts Receivable, Inventory Management and Intercompany (IC) transactions. This position will also provide support to the Controller and the Director of Accounting on special projects. The role reports to the Director of Accounting.
- Prepare journal entries, accruals, prepayment amortization, accounts receivable, inventory movement, IC invoicing and specific balance sheet account reconciliations
- Participate in the monthly financial close, including ensuring all revenues/costs are properly recorded
- Perform monthly reporting pack review and support timely submission to Group Reporting
- Manage Fixed Asset record keeping and lead related property tax filings
- Support special projects as needed
- Focus on improving system efficiencies and business practices
- Ensure compliance with internal controls in a SOX environment
- Serve as business partner supporting various business functions outside of Accounting.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- 2+ years of accounting experience, preferably with a public accounting firm
- Comprehensive understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Solid Microsoft Suite skills
- Experience with automated financial systems (Microsoft Dynamics AX preferred)
- Excellent analytical, written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in biotech/pharma industry preferred
- Experience with internal control compliance (e.g. SOX) preferred.
Required/Preferred Education and Licenses
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or other business areas
- CPA preferred or actively working towards CPA certification.
Description of Physical Demands
- Occasional mobility within office environment
- Routinely sitting for extended periods of time
- Constantly operating a computer, printer, telephone and other similar office machinery.
Description of Work Environment
- Work indoors in normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, fumes, vibrations and temperature changes
- Frequent computer use at workstation
- May move from one work location to another occasionally
- Responsibilities may require a work schedule that may include working outside of “normal” work hours, in order to meet business demands
- Occasional public contact requiring appropriate business apparel.
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender-identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.