This job is currently Archived,
Senior Account Manager, Medical - Canada
Posted on : 08 May 2017
Expected Travel: 20%
- A dynamic team of professionals that have grown this company into a global leading innovator and manufacturer of advanced 3D measurement technology systems. Our roots run deep.
- For over 30 years we’ve helped our customers solve their most complex measurement and motion tracking applications.
- Today, we continue to redefine the possibilities of optical measurement and electromagnetic tracking technologies.
- Our solutions are trusted in a wide range of applications, from image-guided surgery and neuroscience research to medical simulation and interventional radiology. We’ve built our reputation on providing unparalleled measurement accuracy, precision, and reliability.
- That very reputation—and our commitment to customer success—is why our company is the technology of choice among the world’s foremost organizations and institutes in medicine, industry, and academia.
- Interested in becoming a valued member of the company team? We’re growing and are looking for great people to join us.
- The Senior Account Manager, Medical OEMs is accountable for the hands-on management of assigned Medical OEM accounts and for fostering a strong and productive business relationship with company's medical customers.
- This individual will seek to leverage a strong technical understanding of company’s products along with in-depth market knowledge to continuously grow sales opportunities within the existing customer base and to identify new customers and markets.
What you are responsible for:
- Maintain close client contact with all assigned OEM accounts to assess business prospects and any technical issues as they arise;
- Together with Director, Medical Division address any business issues, draft, review and negotiate long-term contracts and develop strategies for long-term success;
- Provide and explain technical product information to existing customers and sales contacts;
- Participate in customer or sales meetings as the expert on customer issues and use cases;
- Maintain thorough problem status and resolution records (e.g. draft meeting minutes, entries to CRM database, creation of NCRs and/or creation of customer complaints);
- As required, attend tradeshows, conferences, and presentations to both promote new business and maintain/strengthen customer relationship;
- Prepare project proposals, product application demonstrations, technical presentations and provide guidance to existing and prospective customers such that they may assess company’s capabilities to provide equipment or services based on their requirements;
- Investigate and resolve technical issues related to the integration of company products into new or existing customer applications, generally ranging from moderate to complex in nature; and
- Interface with both the customer and company research and development staff to determine solutions to more complex technical issues, and to ensure requirements are understood when entering into custom product developments.
- Identify and develop relationships with new and prospective OEM customers;
- Investigate and assess market trends to identify new opportunities for company’s products and technologies.
- Design and perform product demonstrations;
- Provide pricing information, pricing quotations, as required;
- Lead the creation, negotiation, and implementation of various contracts.
What you bring to company
- Minimum 7 years’ experience working in a technical product environment, preferably with medical product experience;
- University degree in science, mathematics, engineering or business;
- Ability to conduct comprehensive research and analysis and translate analysis into strategic market initiatives.
Desired Characteristics/Additional Assets:
- Experience working with Medical Devices and familiarity with various regulatory requirements (e.g., FDA, Health Canada, etc.);
- Proven success in medical device sales role ideally in a B2B setting;
- Strong problem-solving skills, organizational skills, and technical aptitude;
- Excellent communication skills; verbal, written and presentation; and
- Willingness to travel
Being a Part of our Team:
- When you walk through our doors, you will find an open-concept office that promotes collaborative teamwork and fresh ideas.
- We enjoy tackling new challenges and developing new pathways to serve our customers.
- We are looking for innovative, hard-working individuals who don’t see this as just a job, but as a career choice.
- If this sounds like you, our HR team would love to hear from you.