Senior Account Manager, Biopharma R&D - Switzerland
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- The successful candidate will be responsible for identifying, qualifying, developing and closing new business relationships for the company Biologic and Bioprocess enterprise solutions. This includes developing, recommending, and implementing strategic and tactical client sales plans and negotiating client sales agreements.
- This typically means a complex enterprise sales scenario, involving multiple influencers and decision makers.
- The position includes significant post sales responsibilities and requires the development of relationships with biopharma key accounts.
- This position offers an exciting opportunity to support, shape, and grow a successful biopharma R&D business.
- It involves a high level of interactivity and responsibility in a growing company, and the opportunity to work as part of a strong interdisciplinary and international team.
- Drive business – prospecting, negotiating, and closing deals from initial contact through signed agreements
- Work closely with the professional services team to sell and deploy enterprise software platforms and consulting services
- Develop and communicate project proposals and presentations
- Establish, grow, and maintain customer relationships
- The ideal candidate has a minimum of 3 years related business experience, with a proven track record in achieving and exceeding sales goals.
- The candidate is able to interact productively with scientists, managers, and IT experts both internally and externally.
- He/She has excellent written and verbal communication skills and is an experienced presenter.
- Fluency in English is required; business proficiency in German or French is a plus.
- Since our customers are mainly within biopharmaceutical R&D, a knowledge of the pharmaceutical research and development process and ideally familiarity with biopharma R&D, such as antibody discovery, protein engineering, cell line development, bioprocess development and CMC, biopharma production and analytics, and laboratory automation is an advantage.
Required Skills and Experience
- A good scientific or technical background, together with a fundamental understanding of the biopharmaceutical R&D process
- Direct sales experience in pharmaceutical, biotech, or other life sciences sectors
- Experience in selling high-value software or IT-related solutions
- Excellent time management
- Ability to prioritize actions and goals and to successfully progress sales along the sales pipeline
- A high level of initiative, combined with interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to give effective presentations and work closely with customers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English