Following established procedures and guidelines monitor and ensure compliance with company security and safety policies. Monitor all access activities to the facility by checking and issuing security badges. Monitor security, safety and integrity of buildings and environs and respond to any unusual circumstances. Protect facility from unwanted actions or espionage. Provide a safe and secure environment for employees, clients, visitors and animals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greet, screen, record and allow visitors and employees admittance to the site in accordance with company procedures.
- Monitor security systems and/or environmental systems and investigate and/or report any incidents.
- Report all unauthorized persons to the proper authorities and initiate action to protect employees, animals, products, and physical site. In so doing, the incumbent should not place him or herself in harm’s way.
- Ensure the physical safety and security of the facility by enforcing company policies and procedures; provide a deterrent and detection factor for wrongful activity; conducts patrols and monitors the status of the physcial security measures; and monitors the critical building systems.
- Physically walk the facility grounds to complete visual inspection of site security on regularly scheduled tours.
- Document all security department activity and generates incident reports as necessary.
- Monitor facility equipment during tours and report equipment failure, reset alarms as instructed and/or assist in minor repair as directed. Provides effective secondary communication during business hours; and primary communications during non-business hours.
- Contact emergency personnel as required and in accordance with
- Assist in directing appropriate emergency response efforts when required.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
Shift Schedule: Saturday - Sunday 6:00pm-6:00amQualifications
- Education: High school diploma, General Education Degree (G.E.D.) or the equivalent. Associates degree preferred.
- Experience: 2 -3 years experience with at least six to twelve months of related security experience and/or training.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: Valid drivers license
- Other: None.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vet