This job is currently Archived,
Security Officer - United Kingdom
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Posted on : 14 May 2017
Department Marketing Statement
- Our company is one of the world’s largest Contract Research Organisations with more than 11,000 employees throughout 70 facilities in 16 countries and a market leader in the provision of product development services.
- We take a passionate approach to improving human and animal health.
- Our company is uniquely designed to meet the needs of our clients in the Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology, Veterinary Medicine and Agrochemical sectors.
At our world class facility, our Security Department currently has an exciting career opportunity for a Security Officer.
- Controlling staff and visitor entry and exit from the company.
- Custody, issue and control of keys
- Building and site foot patrols
- Initiating early response to emergencies
- Monitoring and reacting accordingly to the intruder detection and surveillance system
- Monitoring and reacting accordingly to any automatic fire detection system alarms
- Carrying out periodic testing of the automatic fire detection system
- Responding to environmental monitoring system alarms and maintaining records
- Maintaining records and documentation applicable to the security task
- Undertaking site maintenance duties as required (snow clearing etc)
Applicants should have:
- Effective communication, written, verbal and numeric skills.
- The ability to work routine shift patterns and follow standard operating procedures during any potential emergency.
- Keyboard and basic IT skills with experience of windows based databases.
- Previous experience of working in a security environment is desirable but not essential.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package: pension plan, life assurance, annual bonus arrangement and private health care
- Excellent career development & training opportunities.
- Humane Care Initiative: CRL is a worldwide leader in the humane care of laboratory animals.
- Company & Team Volunteer Days: get paid to participate in One Day, company Social Responsibility Program.
- Employee Engagement programming: Various social programming and events such as on-site team building, charity fundraising days, holiday festivities and ice cream days in the summer!
- Subsidised Staffroom.
- Free onsite car parking