- imec-DistriNet gathers more than 30 researchers working on and with middle ware platforms.
- We currently focus on multiple research challenges in the domain of context-aware security, workflow systems and Big Data platforms:
- Federated data processing and security analytics
- Privacy compliance with policy-based authorization in distributed Big Data workflows
- Scalable middleware architectures for hybrid batch and streaming data processing applications
- We apply our findings in case studies in innovative application domains, including e-health, e-finance, e-media and e-government.
- a master in computer science (or equivalent),
- an analytical mind and technically skilled,
- optionally some industry experience,
- and fluent English communication skills,
- a supportive and collaborative team in which you can develop know-how and expertise in state-of-the-art technologies,
- the opportunity to build up research and innovation skills that are essential for a future career in industrial as well as academic research and development environments,
- support in the further development of your competences to analyze strategic research problems and to architect and evaluate innovative solutions with industrial applicability,
- an international and multicultural working environment at the Campus.
- This position is open for junior and senior researchers, including Project Collaborators, PhD students and Post-docs.
- This research position can definitely lead to a PhD trajectory in computer science, but this is not a mandatory track for candidates interested to apply for this position.