This job is currently Archived,
Security and Privacy in an Internet of Things Environment (SPITE) - Belgium
KU Leuven (company)
Posted on : 07 May 2017
- The SBO SPITE-project (Security and Privacy in a Internet-of-Things Environment) aims at finding appropriate solutions for realizing advanced access control in an Internet-of-Things (IoT) setting.
- The new mechanisms will allow for increased flexibility, adaptability and security by making use of IoT devices to ’trust worthily’ determine the user’s context, and based on this context adapting the required authentication procedure and the prevailing authorization rules.
- Moreover, some of the solutions can be applied to protect a subset of the IoT devices managed by the user.
- We are looking for motivated PhD candidates in the possession of a Master degree in computer science or similar.
- You need to have sufficient knowledge of IT security and/or privacy-protection techniques (i.e. you should have received credits for at least one course on this topic).
- Full-time employment as a doctoral student for a period of one year with renewal after positive evaluation.
- In addition you are required to start the Doctoral School program and supervise students during the lab/exercise sessions of the Bachelor and/or Master in Engineering Science or Informatics.