Scrum Master: IT Project Manager Job - Czechia
MSD is an innovative, global healthcare leader committed to improving health and well-being in 140 countries around the
world. Our product categories include heart and respiratory health, diabetes, infectious diseases, consumer products
and women's health. We continue to focus our research on conditions that affect millions of people around the world -
diseases like Alzheimer's, Diabetes and Cancer - while further expanding our strengths in areas such as vaccines and
biologics. We aspire to be the best healthcare company in the world and are dedicated to providing innovative solutions
We are seeking energetic, forward-thinking, motivated professionals to join our Information Technology group in Prague.
As part of that team, you will help launch our new IT Global Innovation Center focused on developing and applying
advanced capabilities in information sciences, information security, mobility, social media and big data. You will have the
opportunity to work on global teams to identify and tackle the biggest opportunities and challenges at the intersection of
healthcare, information and technology. We offer project-based rotations to help with your professional development, and
a flat, collaborative environment. Overall, our new Global Innovation Center in Prague offers technology professionals
incredible opportunities to learn from others across the globe, to challenge themselves, and to enjoy a reward that
technology careers don’t often bring: the satisfaction of helping to save lives.
We are seeking professionals with the following qualifications, skills and Experience:
Education Minimum Requirement:
- Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate field of study, including computer science, finance, operations, engineering,
physical science, or related study.
- Basic Scrum Master or Product Owner certification, such as:  Scrum Alliance - Certified Scrum Master (CSM), 
Scrum.org - Professional Scrum Master (PSM) Lvl I. or  Scrum Alliance
- Certified Product owner (CPO),  Scrum.org
- Professional Scrum Product Owner (PSPO) is an advantage
Required Experience and Skills:
- Minimum 2-3 years experience in a role of Scrum Master is a must.
- Understands Agile principles and applies Agile frameworks and techniques (such as Scrum, Kanban, XP etc.)
- Has applied key Scrum/Agile tools and concepts (product backlog, sprint backlog, burn down metrics, velocity, estimating
size and value, etc.).
- Demonstrated knowledge of IT SDLC (Software Development LifeCycle).
- Strong communication and social/team dynamic skills.
- Demonstrated strength in communication and social/team dynamic skills.
Desired Experience and Skills:
- Experience in Program/Project Management in the software development/implementation industry is an advantage
- Experience working across countries in a multi-cultural environment.
- Experience working in a ‘Start-Up organisation is an advantage.
- Experience developing solutions for applicable pharmaceutical industry business capabilities is an advantage
- Experience at a digital design agency or similar experience and understanding of User Experience Research and Design
approaches is a plus.
- Must be able to oversee creative talent in addition to IT talent and facilitate the melding of both areas of expertise to plan
and drive a project to completion.
- Fluency in English language is a must.
Primary job responsibilities include:
Since Agile competency is owned by PMO we are looking for Scrum Masters with willingness to cover responsibilities
of PM as well with experience in Agile software development and Agile project management. The person should
demonstrate a good understanding of agile software development principles and user centric design based software
development in addition to the classic IT project management.
Incumbents will be:
- Responsible for ensuring project / development team efficiency through facilitation, coaching, and mentoring.
- Implementing in newly formed teams and coaching existing agile teams
- Facilitates regular Scrum events
- Acts as a Scrum Master in large scale Scrum
- Coaches team members and helps with decision-making process.
- Acts to insulate the team from external distractions and remove impediments.
- Manage cross-project escalations, issues, risks and dependencies
- Manage project budget and schedule
- Produce project reports and metrics
- Competitive remuneration
- Position in a leading global healthcare company
- Challenging career
- Professional growth based on performance
- Innovative and flexible working environment
- Wide range of benefits
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a
competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals,
needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
Job: Program/Project Management Job Title:Scrum Master: IT Project Manager
Primary Location: EMEA-Czech Republic-Prague-Prague
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings: 1
Company Trade Name:MSD
Job Segment: Project Manager, Engineer, Special Medicine, Respiratory, Manager, Technology, Engineering, Healthcare, Management