Screening Technology – Scientist - Italy
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Our company is opening a position for a scientist, to join the group of Screening Technology.
- The position will require strong scientific and technical expertise and proven experience in assay development, High-Throughput Screening (HTS) and compound management.
- The experienced scientist will be responsible to execute biochemical, cell based and high content assays on automated screening stations for drug discovery programs.
- run daily screening and compound profiling projects utilizing state-of-the-art automated screening stations in 384 format;
- perform data analysis and create reports using established software tools and systems;
- evaluate, analyse and interpret research data;
- present data to clients;
- write reports of the work performed for the clients;
- handle multiple projects with overlapping deadlines;
- ensure support to colleagues for collaborative projects, and reliability, accuracy, robustness and high quality for data and reports.
Required knowledge and skills:
- PhD in Cell Biology/Biochemistry or other related discipline;
- Relevant experience in assay design, execution and screening, preferably in industry and/or service oriented organisation;
- Experience in using liquid handling and automated screening stations;
- Specialized experience in development and analysis of High-Content-Screening assays is a plus;
- Relevant experience and strong working knowledge of in vitro detection technologies;
- Experience in leading client projects. Analyse, summarize and interpret data and provide written and verbal updates to clients in timely manner;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Knowledge of GraphPad Prism and other data analysis software are a plus;
- A self-motivated individual that can function both independently as well as part of a team;
- Ability to work effectively under strict deadlines within a team framework in cross-functional projects as well as independent scientist;
- Ensure support to colleagues for collaborative projects, and reliability, accuracy, robustness and high quality for data and reports;
- Effective communications with colleagues at all levels and with external international partners;
- Adherence to protocols and to corporate policies on Quality and Health & Safety;
- Fluency in English, written and spoken.
Equal opportunity employer
Our company offers a stimulating work environment and a competitive salary.