Scientist, Vaccine Process Development and Commercialization Job - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The Vaccine Process Development and Commercialization (V-PDC) group within the Merck Manufacturing Division (MMD) focuses on late stage process development, technology transfer, and in-line support of vaccine products. We seek a motivated scientist/engineer to work under technical direction of a group leader to support development and licensure of novel vaccine candidates and in-line products. In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Functioning as a key member of the process development team through executing lab-scale process development, in-process assay support, and process scale-up or scale-down of cell culture/fermentation (upstream) and/or purification (downstream) process unit operations.
- Functioning as a key team member to collaborate with commercial manufacturing teams to support facility start-up activities and provide on-the-floor support for drug substance manufacturing, both within the Merck network and at contract manufacturing organizations (CMOs).
- Executing assignments against accelerated, critical-path timelines in a right-first-time manner.
- Authoring technical documents to support Process Performance Qualification (PPQ) and licensure.
- Participating in technical support activities for licensed vaccines, as needed.
- Required: B.S. in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Biology or comparable discipline
- Preferred: M.S. in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Biology or comparable discipline
- Minimum of one (1) year of relevant experience
- Experience with upstream lab or pilot-scale microbial or cell culture process (fermenters, bioreactors, static cell culture) and/or experience with large molecule purification (chromatography, filtration, centrifugation).
- Experience with process development in a laboratory setting.
- Experience within pilot-scale, or manufacturing environment.
- Experience authoring technical documentation to support regulatory submissions.
- Experience with large molecule commercialization (facility start-up, technology transfer).
- Experience with large molecule manufacturing and on-the-floor manufacturing support.
- Experience with large molecule assay development and execution (HPLC, UPLC, MS).
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team and execute against key commitments.
- Strong problem solving and communication skills.
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Process Engineering
Job Title:Scientist, Engineering
Primary Location: NA-US-PA-West Point
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 4
Hazardous Materials: Potential to work with BSL2 compunds, live virus vaccines, general laboratory chemicals
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Job Segment: Chemistry, Scientific, Law, Scientist, Chemical Research, Science, Engineering, Legal