- Our company is one of the world’s largest Contract Research Organisations with more than 10,000 employees in 26 countries and a market leader in the provision of product development services. We take a passionate approach to improving human and animal health.
- Our company is uniquely designed to meet the needs of our clients in the Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology, Veterinary Medicine and Agrochemical sectors.
- We are looking for an experienced Research Scientist, passionate about applying their skills within a fast paced Bio analytical service provision.
- We are seeking an outstanding individual to take on responsibility for conducting and overseeing Flow cytometry method development projects in addition to supplying immunological support to preclinical and clinical studies.
- We are looking for a driven individual who has a proven track record of delivering company and client expectations.
- The successful individual will report to the Immunology Manager and work alongside Senior Scientists within the Immunobiology team.
- The primary function of the Immunology Group at our company is to perform quantitative analysis of immune cells and tissues to evaluate the impact and safety implications of new drugs on preclinical and clinical samples.
- The studies, which include the development of in vitro functional assays to measure immunology endpoints, are aimed at providing data for the development and registration of pharmaceuticals.
- Conducting and overseeing immunology method development projects – primarily in Flow Cytometry
- The post holder would also be expected to provide analytical leadership and have significant experience in developing junior staff
- Engaging with sponsors to agree immunology support for preclinical flow cytometry
- Immunology data analysis and interpretation
Applicants should have:
- PhD or equivalent experience in Immunology
- A comprehensive understanding of flow cytometry, including assay design with the ability to establish and troubleshoot complex multi-colour flow cytometry panels (up to 14 colours); troubleshooting and instrumentation setup, including establishing appropriate gating strategies for studies; and a strong track record of successful method development for flow cytometry endpoints and functional assays.
- A good understanding of appropriate regulatory guidance in bioanalytical method validation in addition to current GLP/GCP regulations
- Good communication skills in order to ensure successful outcomes for the company and its partners
- Post-doctoral research in immunology would be advantageous
- Competitive salary.
- Comprehensive benefits package: pension plan, life assurance, annual bonus arrangement and private health care
- Excellent career development & training opportunities.
- Humane Care Initiative: CRL is a worldwide leader in the humane care of laboratory animals.
- Company & Team Volunteer Days: get paid to participate in One Day, our company Social Responsibility Program.
- Employee Engagement programming: Various social programming and events such as on-site team building, charity fundraising days, holiday festivities and ice cream days in the summer!
- Subsidised Staffroom.
- Free onsite car parking.