This job is currently Archived,
Posted on : 18 June 2017
Purpose of the position:
- The Scientist technically and scientifically leads IVD development projects in the field of oncology.
- He/she oversees all functional aspects in the development of an assay and guides the teams to on-time in-full delivery in line with product requirements and business strategy.
- The Scientist develops and applies new approaches, methodologies, project ideas, scientific concepts or principles, in interaction with the internal and external scientific know-how and community and ensures the preparation and submission of related manuscripts, grants and patent applications.
- The Scientist/Technical Lead is a member of the R&D team.
- Translates target product profile into verifiable product requirements;
- Translates product requirements into experimental designs;
- Analyses data and incorporates technical and scientific findings in appropriate experimental designs;
- Organizes day-to-day execution of experimental test plans and reports progress;
- Writes/reviews protocols and reports in line with IVD standards;
- Participates in validation strategies and plans;
- Supervises transfer of design outputs to operations;
- Keeps abreast of scientific developments and new techniques via literature searches, conferences and/or collaboration with industry partners or academia;
- Establishes and maintains outside scientific contacts, keeping the company s strategic focus and scientific reputation in mind;
- Participates in discussions and shares information, knowledge, ideas and judgment to help establish valid scientific directions.
- Broadens knowledge towards the company diagnostic areas and proposes new diagnostic assay and technology solutions.
- Provides input for manuscripts, grants or patent applications;
- Coaches, mentors, grows and motivates project team members;
- Delegates work assignments effectively;
- Recommends staffing decisions including hiring, termination and promotions by evaluating performances of project team members;
- Continuously assesses development processes and identifies cost-efficiency improvement opportunities.
Profile & Competencies
- Ph.D. degree in a relevant discipline (preferably oncology). Post-Doctoral experience preferred;
- A minimum of 2 years of Post PhD experience in a relevant academic or IVD industry setting;
- Experience in the field of Molecular biology (preferentially nucleic acid based technologies, real-time PCR, NGS);
- Sound experience in IVD product development, in a diagnostic industry setting preferred;
- Experience with CE-IVD and/or FDA registrations (510K, PMA) is an asset;
- Deep knowledge of oncology in one of the following fields (skin, lung, colon or breast cancer) is an asset;
- Very good technical writing skills;
- Business acumen;
- Analytical thinking and result oriented;
- Driven personality and team player;
- Leadership skills;
- Coach, providing direction;
- Solution thinking;
- Independency, Scientific integrity;
- Respects peers and their work/working environment;
- Eagerness to learn/assimilate novel concepts;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills;
- Advanced knowledge of English, oral and writing;
- MS Office;
- Knowledge of (basic) statistical tools;
- Knowledge of data analysis tools such as Spotfire is an asset.
- We offer you a challenging job in an exciting environment, working for top entrepreneurs in the biotech industry.
- You can be part of a very dynamic, young and growing team in a highly innovative environment.
- You will have freedom to shape your work and shape your job.
- Your input is highly appreciated. Of course we offer you a fitting compensation package.
2800 Mechelen Belgium
Find a Job Find Candidates