Scientist target evaluation - Netherlands
The R&D division at Galapagos NV in Leiden is responsible for the discovery of novel targets in various disease areas. To support our target discovery research we are seeking to recruit a PhD level scientist who will perform target validation projects across various therapeutic areas. You will be responsible for generating data packages that validate the target and supports the understanding of the molecular role of the target in the relevant disease area. To achieve this goal you will deploy various cell biological and molecular biology techniques ranging from high content imaging to CRISPR to deliver high quality data. You will use your solid scientific sense in designing experiments, analyzing data and interpretation of results to drive target validation.
- Design study plan in collaboration with the team leader and stake holders aimed at generating high quality in vitro data using molecular and cell biological technologies.
- Provide project plans and innovative solutions to scientific problems, communicate findings and results in a concise and effective manner.
- Keep up to date with literature, identify literature targets relevant for your disease area.
- Contribute to non-research activities like ordering reagents and other lab duties.
You have a PhD degree in Life Sciences, preferably supplemented with 2 years postdoctoral experience. You have in depth hands-on experience in various research technologies including – but not limited to:
- Cell culture
- Assay development
- Luminescent and fluorescent readouts
- High content analysis
- Protein biochemistry and western blotting
- siRNA, shRNA, and CRISPR
- Ability to apply combinations of these technologies to discover, validate and evaluate targets relevant in various disease areas
We expect you to work accurately and to present plans and data clearly and convincingly. You like to work in a team and you are fluent in English. We are looking for candidates that have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and like to work in the environment of a biotech company where quality, speed, motivation, team spirit and results are of utmost importance to be successful.