This job is currently Archived,
Scientist, T-Cell Development - United States
Kite Pharma (company)
Posted on : 02 December 2016
We are a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of novel cancer immunotherapy products designed to harness the power of a patient’s own immune system to selectively target and kill cancer cells. Our core technology involves the genetic engineering of T cells, or white blood cells, to express either chimeric antigen receptors (CARs) or T cell receptors (TCRs) for the treatment of advanced solid and hematological malignancies. We are on a rapid growth trajectory and have a highly energized and accomplished team. We are publicly traded with a current market well over $2 Billion.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join Product Sciences in the early stage development group. This scientist will support efforts leading to the development of novel technologies and processes for cell therapy manufacturing.
Under minimal supervision, the successful candidate will be expected to perform experiments, organize and analyze results and communicate and present findings in team meetings. You will also be asked to perform other duties as required.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop, optimize and establish an in house engineered T cell production process using viral and non viral vector platforms;
- Optimize T cell isolation, enrichment, activation, transduction, expansion and cryopreservation;
- Optimize media and culture conditions, phenotype engineered T cells;
- Evaluate new technologies for engineered T cell manufacturing;
- Develop analytical methods to improve process efficiency;
- Analyze and present scientific results; document study results for enabling clinical studies;
- Organize and prioritize work to meet timelines;
- Work independently.
- Work with a cross-functional product sciences team to advance the development of autologous T cell therapy products
- Other duties as assigned
- Ph.D. degree in cellular biology, virology, immunology or a closely related field with 0- 5 years of relevant training or industry experience preferred
- Expertise in cell culture process development, preferably in cell therapy
- Familiar with blood processing, cell technologies and cell process automation
- Experience with T cell product generation, preferably chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) based or TCR-engineered T-cells
- Experience with flow cytometry and T cell phenotyping
- Hands-on expertise with tissue culture of cell lines and primary cells
- Strong organizational and record keeping skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are essential in this collaborative work environment
- Comfortable in a fast-paced small company environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities
We are an equal opportunity employer. We are able to offer the opportunity to be part of the first 500 employees in this successful, fast growing company. A place everyone knows your name and respects your opinion while at the same time offering benefits and time off packages commensurate to any large corporation. Did we forget to mention the stock options?