This job is currently Archived,
SCIENTIST, STEM CELL BIOLOGY AND T-CELL DEVELOPMENT Santa Monica United States,
Job Score (company)
Posted on : 11 June 2017
- Our company is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies with a goal of providing rapid, long-term durable response and eliminating the burden of chronic care.
- The company is focused on chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) and T cell receptor (TCR) engineered cell therapies designed to empower the immune system's ability to recognize and kill tumors.
- We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join Research in the Allogeneic Program.
- This scientist will support efforts leading to the development of novel technologies and processes for generating T cells from gene modified pluripotent stem cells.
- Under minimal supervision, the successful candidate will be expected to perform experiments, organize and analyze results and communicate and present findings in team meetings. You will also be asked to perform other duties as required.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Development and optimization of allogeneic program workflow to generate T cells from human pluripotent stem cells;
- Culture and characterization of human pluripotent stem cells and primary human T cells;
- Genetic modification of pluripotent stem cells and primary human T cells using viral and non-viral methods;
- Investigation of T cell lineage development using flow cytometry;
- Perform immunophenotypic and functional analysis of human T cells utilizing flow cytometry and immunologic assays;
- Evaluate new technologies for scale up of pluripotent stem cells and allogeneic program workflow;
- Cloning of lentiviral and retroviral vector constructs; viral production, concentration, and titration;
- Analysis and presentation of results; document study results for enabling clinical studies; organize and prioritize work to meet timelines;
- Work independently, as well as within the allogeneic team and larger research group to advance the development of antigen receptor modified T cell therapy products;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ph.D. degree in cellular biology, immunology, stem cell biology, or a closely related field with 0-5 years of relevant training or industry experience preferred.
- Expertise in the culture of pluripotent stem cells, primary human T cells, and immortalized cell lines.
- Expertise in multicolor flow cytometry, preferably in T cell development and mature T cell phenotyping.
- Experience in T cell developmental biology is strongly preferred.
- Strong organizational and record keeping skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are essential in this collaborative work environment.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced small company environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities.
- Our company is an equal opportunity employer.
- We are able to offer the opportunity to be part of this successful, fast growing company.
- A place everyone knows your name and respects your opinion while at the same time offering benefits and time off packages commensurate to any large corporation.
Santa Monica CA
Find a Job Find Candidates