This job is currently Archived,
Scientist, Staff (Technology Transfer Lead Scientist) - United States
Posted on : 29 June 2017
What you'll be doing:
What you'll be doing:
- Our company Laboratories is a leading manufacturer of life science and diagnostic products that service a diverse range of customers within the Academic, Healthcare, Biotechnology/Basic Research and Pharmaceutical sectors.
- These products are used to advance basic research, healthcare treatments, therapeutic discoveries and purification of biological materials in the life science and clinical markets.
- We have an immediate need for a New Product Introduction (NPI) and Technology Transfer Manager at our reagent manufacturing facility.
- The successful Candidate will lead our NPI team to develop and execute transfer strategies for our PCR related consumables pipeline as they transition from the development to production environment.
- Strategic & driven leader who will identify and implement opportunities, be passionate about improving efficiencies and gain consistency across processes
- Lead our technology transfer team for our PCR business in order to transfer products from our Development teams to the Production environment.
- This is a hands-on position that includes direct transfer activities as well as overseeing day-to-day activities support scientists.
- Provide technical oversight to insure product transfer occurs within the confines of our manufacturing environment and statistical process control parameters.
- Develop and validate production documentation in accordance with ISO13485 in order to insure regulatory compliance.
- Communicate and escalate project level issues including processes, timelines, resourcing, performance, etc.
What you need for this role:
- An advanced degree, Ph.D. preferred, in molecular biology, microbiology or similar natural science or field that relates to the responsibilities of the position.
- 5+ years of experience in a product transfer environment, preferably related to PCR technologies.
- Demonstrated experience in SAP a significant advantage.
- Proven leadership characteristics, with a focus on staff development and mentoring.
- Ability to work and build coalitions with partners involved, and develops strategies to effectively convey information to partners.
- Good interpersonal and negotiation skills, reliable decision making, attention to detail, and multi-tasking are essential to success in this position.
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive pay and great benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401k and more
- Opportunities for growth and training
- Stability of a profitable 60+ year old company
- Great work environment
- Our company is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products.
- With a team of more than 7,800 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
- Our company was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
- EEO/AA Employer/Veterans/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Gender/Age