This job is currently Archived,
Scientist/Sr. Scientist, Preclinical & Clinical Assays - Protein & Cell Biologist Cambridge United States, London United Kingdom, Basel Switzerland,
Posted on : 16 April 2017
- We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated Research Scientist to join an exciting, fast growing and well financed new company to develop novel gene editing therapies for serious diseases. This position will report to the Director of Pre-clinical and Clinical Assays.
- The successful candidate will be someone who can independently and efficiently perform method optimization, troubleshooting, and preliminary qualification of robust assays, and subsequent technological assay transfer to CROs.
- This position requires GLP-like method qualification, and designing and performing experiments in protein and cell biology, and immunology in support of company based therapies.
- The position requires enthusiasm, passion, attention to detail, and a desire to create important new medicines for patients.
- Efficiently design experiments, perform method development, optimization and pre-qualification of protein, immunological and cellular biology techniques employing phase appropriate strategies, and knowledge of the fundamentals of rational experimental and assay design
- Support multiple preclinical and clinical projects simultaneously by developing, qualifying and transferring assays and by providing technical expertise and troubleshooting, as needed
- Plan, transfer and execute of critical assays, samples and reagents to CROs
- Analyze and present complex experimental data
- Effectively communicate results and project progress, and discuss technical challenges to all appropriate team members
- Manage critical time-lines and resource allocation
- Advanced degree in Protein and Cell Biology/Immunology or other relevant fields
- MS with 15 years or PhD with 3 years experience in Assay Development and Validation in support of preclinical and clinical activities for early and late stage therapeutic programs
- Extensive experience in developing and qualifying Protein Biology assays including, but not limited to HPLC, ELISA, MSD, EliSpot and/or Luminex based techniques
- Broad experience in developing and qualifying Immunological techniques including, but not limited to Cell Culture, Functional assays measuring cellular activation, cytokine release, proliferation, and killing such as in vitro target cell killing assays, Multi-parameter flow cytometry and proficiency in FACS data analysis programs, Cell separation technologies (e.g., Miltenyi AutoMACS) and FACS sorting
- Expertise in developing robust, reproducible Cell Biology methods utilizing mammalian cell culture, transfection and Cell-based assays
- Prior experience working in a Biotechnology company
- Previous experience with coordinating and managing external projects at CROs
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate with peers and effectively work in a fast-paced and cross-functional results oriented research team environment
- Ability to travel, if required (less than 25%)
- PhD with 5 years experience in Assay Development and Validation
- Prior experience in GxP Method Optimization and Validation of protein and cell biology and immunological techniques in the context of preclinical studies and clinical trials
- Working knowledge of protein quantification by Mass Spectrometry
- Proficient in Imaging and Microscopy based assay development and qualification
- Detailed knowledge of Cellular and Tumor Immunology principles
- Basic knowledge of gene editing and company based technology
- Experienced in working in a regulated GLP quality level environment, and
- Excellent presentation and documentation skills
- Scientific Rigor/Attention to detail Maintains high scientific rigor and attention to detail in designing and testing hypotheses and analyzing data. Challenges assumptions, demonstrates highly organized thinking and documentation.
- Flexibility/Innovation - Creates a boundary-less environment that fosters curiosity and taking risks, is able to test, confirm or refute scientific hypothesis effectively and efficiently. Open to new approaches, alternative points of view and methodologies. Able to be opportunistic.
- Communication and Teamwork Effectively expresses ideas in written, visual, and oral context. Able to work co-operatively with others; the genuine desire to be a part of a team and contribute to organizational and team goals.
- Passion - Creates an exciting environment where there is a true passion for the vision of company Therapeutics to bring novel medicines to patients suffering from serious diseases.
- Results Orientation / Productive Work Habits Drives issues to closure and gets the job done. Skilled at analyzing scope of work, as well as planning and executing a successful outcome. Understands and assigns / utilizes resources effectively and efficiently.
Cambridge MALondon UKBasel Switzerland
Find a Job Find Candidates