Scientist/Sr. Scientist, Immuno-Oncology - United States, United Kingdom, Switzerland
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- We are seeking a Scientist who will lead efforts in developing novel company-based therapeutics for oncology.
- The successful candidate will help build a pipeline of immuno-oncology products and will have expertise in biologic therapeutics in oncology as well as an understanding in immunology.
- The position requires enthusiasm, passion, attention to detail, and a commitment to improve the lives of those afflicted with cancer.
- Establish a pipeline of our company-based therapeutics for oncology including CAR T based therapies
- Conceive, design and perform experiments
- Collaborate with and serve as scientific mentor to assigned Research Associates, directing the work of Research Associates at the laboratory bench as necessary
- Assist company in securing IP from research program discoveries, including detailed descriptions for patent filing and/or proof of concept work, as appropriate appropriate
- PhD in a related scientific discipline and with 0-3 years of postdoctoral experience
- Experimental knowledge of immune cells, particularly in the functional characterization of T cells
- Experience with antibody engineering
- A strong track record of intellectually challenging oneself to enhance scientific capabilities
- Scientifically rigorous, highly organized, and with significant attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate with peers and effectively work in a results oriented research team environment
- Knowledge of the pathophysiology and treatment of cancer
- High energy level, focus, a passion and sense of urgency for developing important new medicines for devastating diseases
- Problem Solving – The ability to understand a situation, task or problem by breaking it down into smaller pieces using a systematic approach and to identify patterns and connections between situations that are not obviously related.
- Scientific Rigor/Attention to detail – Maintains high scientific rigor and attention to detail in designing and testing hypotheses and analyzing data. Challenges assumptions, demonstrates highly organized thinking and documentation.
- Creativity/Innovation – Creates a boundary-less environment that fosters curiosity and taking risks, is able to test, confirm or refute scientific hypothesis effectively and efficiently. Open to new approaches, alternative points of view and methodologies. Able to be opportunistic.
- Leadership – The ability to take the role as a leader of a team or work group.
- Communication and Teamwork – Effectively expresses ideas in written, visual, and oral context. Able to work co-operatively with others; the genuine desire to be a part of a team and contribute to organizational and team goals.
- Passion – Creates an exciting environment where there is a true passion for the vision of our company Therapeutics to bring novel medicines to patients suffering from serious diseases.