GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Independently conduct experimental work as defined by project objectives.
- Ensure continuing project activity by coordinating the resources, supplies, equipment and priority for each project.
- Ensure that experimental results are routinely recorded in lab notebook. Updated written and/or oral reports to potential customers and to management and upon the completion of the project.
- Keep up to date on new trends, technical developments and skills by monitoring the scientific and trade literature, competitors’ activities, new methods and processes for food ingredients in associated areas though continuing education and/or technical seminars.
- Represent R&D as a scientific expert and resource for internal and external customers, conducting training presentations, answering technical questions.
- Ensure that work areas are kept clean and meet guidelines.
- Regular attendance is an essential function of this position.
- Compliance with applicable company policies concerning maintaining a drug free work place is required.
- Independently lead and conduct research on business directed projects through the application of microbiological and molecular biology methods and approaches to develop new products and technology in support of the Culture business.
- Develop project plans in conjunction with Group manager.
- Independently execute research plan to include experimental design and documentation.
- Interpret results and formulate future research actions or alternative technical solutions.
- Communicate research internally and externally.
- Become a technical expert, resource, and mentor – food microbiology, microbial physiology, and molecular biology – focus towards dairy/plant-based fermentation.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- MS with a minimum of 4 years’ experience or Ph.D trained in Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Food Science or related field with proven research experience in bacteria physiology and molecular biology; Familiar with lactic acid bacteria is a plus.
- Experience in leading & managing research project is required;
- Experience in aroma/flavor analysis & food fermentations is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to independently design, manage, and perform multi-task projects to a successful result.
- Basic knowledge and experience with molecular biology methodologies desirable: nucleic acid manipulation and sequence analysis with an understanding of basic bioinformatics.
- Experience in basic biochemical analysis (HPLC, GC etc.) is required.
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills (both in Chinese & English) for presentation of scientific concepts and results to internal and external customers.
- Compliance with all company policies is required.