1. Function as pathology representative and subject matter expert as needed, in drug discovery project teams from project start to candidate selection, to provide pathology and toxicology expertise as well as guidance as drug discovery expert. Plan for, coordinate and supervise internal and external resources of the evaluation of tissue distribution of therapeutic targets and tissue cross reactivity (TCR) studies for biotherapeutics.
2. Develop and implement immunohistochemical assays for the characterization of therapeutic target distribution in normal and pathological tissues between humans and toxicology relevant species. Analyze and communicate data/results to project teams and senior leadership.
3. Provide expertise to initial target safety assessment, help to develop strategies for preclinical testing, and analysis plans for histopathology and molecular pathology in investigative studies.
4. Actively collaborate with internal and external groups and service providers including identification and evaluation of CROs for pathology efforts as required to accelerate delivery of program milestones.
5. Provide technical expertise across functions/teams. Help to train, supervise, and mentor junior staff as needed.