Scientist/Senior Scientist - Italy
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Our company is the leading Italian provider of precision medicine solutions.
- Since 2009 our company develops and distributes molecular diagnostic products in Italy and abroad.
- The R&D Department is now recruiting a Scientist/Senior Scientist to expand its offering in Next-Generation Sequencing solutions.
- The right candidate will join a dynamic team of scientists that develop CE-IVD products in ISO 9001 and 13485 environments.
- Contribute to the ideation of NGS-based cancer diagnostic solutions.
- Execute the proof of concept experiments and data analysis in an iterative process that leads to the beta product.
- Engage in interactions with suppliers, collaborators and testers.
- Contribute to the transfer to manufacturing.
- Provide regular updates to the senior leadership.
- Degree in Biology/Biotechnology – PhD preferable but not essential with adequate industry experience.
- Experience in extraction (manual and automated) and quality analysis of nucleic acids (spectrophotometry, capillary electrophoresis, fluorescence-based)
- Experience in amplification techniques (PCR, RT-qPCR)
- Experience in NGS library preparation.
- Proficient with MS Office and basic statistical analysis.
- Good English working knowledge, some Italian or willingness to learn.
- Experience in the design of NGS oncology panels.
- Experience in the NGS and/or diagnostic industry.
- Experience in R&D in regulated environments.
- The candidate should be well organised, self-motivated and comfortable working in a fast-paced, team environment and on multiple projects with constantly changing priorities and deadlines.
- We offer a permanent position and a competitive compensation package.