This job is currently Archived,
Scientist, Senior - United States
Posted on : 13 May 2017
What you'll be doing:
What you'll be doing:
- This is a bench scientist position that involves research and development of new protein quantitation products for the life sciences.
- The successful candidate will participate in multidisciplinary efforts to plan and execute experiments in support of development and validation of new reagents, assays, and instrumentation for protein-based research.
- Interact with other R&D teams to assess feasibility of new product concepts.
- Assist with developing technical specifications and establishing project schedules and project documentation.
- Coordinate the testing and validation of new reagents and assays with new or existing instrument and software platforms.
- Design and conduct experiments and troubleshooting activities to support new product development and resolve technical issues.
- Compile data and prepare technical reports for presentation to the project and management team or outside research community.
- Assure that the needs of the customer are reflected in the final product performance and design.
- Author technical literature for sales and marketing support.
- Interact with Engineering, Marketing, and Sales teams within the organization, or vendor and customer groups to insure efficient information transfer, technical training and customer satisfaction.
What you need for this role:
- Ph.D. in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or a similar life science discipline.
- Experience in industry or equivalent work in a research and development environment is desirable but not required.
- In depth knowledge and direct experience with methods, instrumentation, and software used in protein blotting, imaging and analysis, electrophoresis, and lab scale chromatography. Experience in Proteomics and single-cell protein analysis techniques is desirable.
- Knowledge in automated protein analysis workflows is a plus.
- Experience with Agile software development practices is desirable but not required.
- Must exercise good judgment and be a good team member while retaining the ability to work independently and handle multiple projects and priorities.
- Strong oral and written communications skills with a demonstrated ability to work in a cross-functional team environment and the ability to communicate effectively, including technical writing and presentation experience.
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive pay and great benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401k and more.
- Opportunities for growth and training.
- Stability of a profitable 60+ year old company.
- Great work environment.
- Our company is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products.
- With a team of more than 7,800 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
- Our company was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.