At Novozymes, we work in close partnership with our customers and the global community to make a sustainable impact. We use science to advance industries, and as part of Agriculture & Bioenergy, you will work across the agricultural value chain to provide biological solutions that help feed and fuel a growing world.
Scientist/Microbiologist, Microbial Quality, RTP
If you want a career that lets you combine scientific excellence with creativity and commercial value, you could be our new colleague in Microbial Quality. You’ll be part of a dynamic team of scientists and researchers based in RTP. Working with our partners, collaborators, and other research units, your role will be to use your scientific background to drive and support research into microbial assays, microbial sample quality, and optimization of process quality to facilitate the development of high quality product transfers from R&D to manufacturing. From designing and managing experiments to innovating and validating new technologies, you’re able to see the details in the bigger picture and turn good ideas into great commercial solutions. For a self-driven, hands-on individual looking for a scientific career, this is a fantastic opportunity to realize your personal and professional potential in an international environment.
In this position you need:
- Master’s or PhD in microbiology or related field, with research experience in a variety of microbial species isolated from the environment. Previous industry experience is preferred.
- Initiative and creativity to explore and implement new methods for microbial identification, enumeration and viability tracking, such as flow cytometry, molecular techniques, and fluorescent microscopy
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills, and enterprise to work across a global R&D organization
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in programming languages such as R or Python
- Experience in fermentation or microbial preservation
- Ample experience and success in mentoring, guiding, challenging, and coaching research team members
- A strong network within the international scientific community
- Skills in independent research as well as leading project teams and working in close collaboration in fast-paced, high throughput environment to meet company goals
- Ability to work in the United States now or in the future without sponsorship
Novozymes is the world leader in biological solutions. Together with customers, partners and the global community, we improve industrial performance while preserving the planet’s resources and helping build better lives. As the world’s largest provider of enzyme and microbial technologies, our bioinnovation enables higher agricultural yields, low-temperature washing, energy-efficient production, renewable fuel and many other benefits that we rely on today and in the future. We call it Rethink Tomorrow. www.novozymes.com
Novozymes is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability or veteran status.
Application Deadline: May 11, 2017