Scientist, Regulatory Research (Temporary) - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Our company is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children.
- These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options.
- Our company will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
- The individual will work closely within multidisciplinary teams that are developing vectors for gene delivery.
- The position will require work to be conducted in company laboratories to design, evaluate and test rAAV vectors for various clinical indications.
- The position will require design and analysis of AAV vectors for specific clinical applications and/or production of AAV vectors.
- Develop, refine and reduce to practice an improved lentiviral vector in collaboration with VB staff. Will provide over site and critical commentary.
- May provide searches to support this effort.
- Develop, refine and reduce to practice novel AAV capsids for muscle, liver, and other tissues in collaboration with VB staff. Will provide over site and critical commentary. May provide searches to support this effort.
- May take on other projects, as needed.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in gene delivery systems.
- Strong scientific and laboratory skills.
- Detailed understanding of gene delivery systems and experience in design and in vivo testing of DNA vectors and/or production methods and analytic assay methods for DNA viral vectors is required.
- Specific experience with AAV vectors is preferred.
- PhD (or equivalent) in virology, molecular biology or similar life science required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.