This job is currently Archived,
Scientist Quality Control Microbiology - Switzerland
Posted on : 04 July 2017
- Our company is building a new, Next-Generation Biologic Manufacturing Facility with high throughput production capacity.
- Rapid microbiological methodologies, such as PTS and Growth Direct will be instrumental in reducing the time required onsite to complete microbiological analysis for in-process and Drug Substance testing.
- The facility will utilize new technologies pioneered by our experts in technical development and employ an innovative, world-class engineering design to deliver substantially increased productivity. Therefore, we are looking for an experienced Scientist, Quality Control Microbiology.
Job Purpose and Responsibilities
As Scientist Quality Control Microbiology, you will be responsible for preparing the new Microbiology lab and Work-in Progress (WIP) labs for routine operations and support the execution of the analytical capability strategy, which includes:
- Acquisition and Qualification of the analytical instruments according company and cGMP standards
- Implementation of all the testing methodologies related to microbiological Quality Control in the new Quality Control Laboratory and Work in-progress (WIP) laboratories
- Validation of traditional microbiological methods as well as automated and rapid state-of-the art methods, such as microbiological identification (PRC-based method), Bacterial Endotoxins Test (kinetic-turbidimetric and kinetic-chromogenic), detection of microorganisms (BacT/Alert) and microbial enumeration test
- Analysis of Total Organic Carbon and Conductivity
- Ensure that the instrumentation in the WIP labs are prepared for each corresponding unit operation to be performed in manufacturing
- Support training of the On-The Floor (OTF) Quality staff members that will perform routine tests execution in the WIP labs
- Perform trouble shooting and root cause analysis in order to prevent reoccurrence
- Support all start-up activities for the new lab, e.g. definition and implementation of workflows and issuing standard operation procedures
- Support the facility certification with respect to the environmental monitoring (EM), utility monitoring (UM) and compressed gas distribution validation. Once the EM / UM program is established and running, the Scientist Quality Control Microbiology will have core accountability for the program, associated monitoring/trending and technical support
- Author, review and approve complex GMP documentation (Plans, protocols, procedures, specifications, CAPAs, deviations, etc.)
- Drive activities at the site to adhere to the construction or operational schedule
- Alignment of best practices, interpretation of regulatory standards and tests execution is strongly valued within our company's Global Quality Control network
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in regulated (bio)pharmaceutical quality control environment
- Strong analytical skills with high knowledge of implementing analytical techniques according cGMP requirements
- Prior experience within a cGMP Quality Control (Microbiology) function including equipment qualification and methods validation as well as EM/UM
- Strong problem solving skills, ability to multi-task, working autonomously and cross-functionally
- Project experience would be advantageous
- Dual Language preferred with a preference for German and English
- The opportunity to join a world-class company and participate in building up a next generation biopharmaceutical facility
- A permanent contract with superior compensation, sustainable learning and great development opportunities in a fast paced multicultural environment
Bachelor’s degree in Microbiology, Biology, Biochemistry or related Life Science or Technical discipline
- Through cutting-edge science and medicine, our company discovers, develops and delivers worldwide innovative therapies for people living with serious neurological and neurodegenerative diseases.
- Our company is a pioneer in biotechnology and today the Company has the leading portfolio of medicines to treat multiple sclerosis (MS), has introduced the first and only approved treatment for spinal muscular atrophy, and is at the forefront of neurology research for conditions including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS).
- Our company also manufactures and commercializes biosimilars of advanced biologics.
- Our global organization of nearly 7,000 employees is committed to a single mission: making a meaningful difference in the lives of patients with few or no treatment options.
- Our company was founded in 1978 and today serves patients in nearly 70 countries.
- We aspire to have the greatest impact on patients and science of any biotechnology company in the history of our industry.
- To us, that means creating novel medicines that benefit individuals and society, and bringing new scientific understanding to diseases for which there are no adequate treatments.
- For nearly two decades our company has led in the research and development of new therapies to treat MS, including the most prescribed oral treatment in the world.
- Now our research is driving revolutionary new MS treatments with the goal of reversing or even repairing damage caused by the disease.
- We are now applying our neurological expertise to solve some of most challenging and complex diseases of the brain, including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, and ALS.
- As we uncover new insights into human biology, our company is employing cutting-edge technologies to discover potential treatments for rare and genetic disorders.
- Our company is revolutionizing biologic manufacturing, developing the industry’s most advanced plants and processes.
- This expertise is used to produce both original innovative therapies and bio similar that expand patient access to lower-cost medicines.
Our Corporate Citizenship
- The same intellectual discipline and passion that drives our science is reflected in our corporate citizenship, environmental sustainability, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- As a company, we are focused on improving science education and limiting the impact of our company on the environment.