Scientist, Method Development - United States
Celerion, a leading global contract research organization, seeks a Scientist with strong problem solving skills to join our Bioanalytical Method Development Team. The successful candidate will have scientific expertise and knowledge in method development in order to perform complex research and development within bioanalytical chemistry assays based upon new and existing methodologies.
This full time role is located at our Lincoln, NE facility.
Role: The role of the Scientist, Method Development is to provide scientific expertise and mentorship for the Method Development team. Key attributes to this role are to perform scientifically innovative method development techniques. The incumbent will contribute to building a collaborative and cohesive team that will exceed client expectations.
- Responsible for developing and qualifying highly sensitive, reliable LCMS methods for the rapid and accurate analysis of compounds in biological matrices
- Consult with clients on method development and validation needs and establish appropriate bioanalytical assays to meet client need
- Ability to work on projects of diverse scope that require non-routine analysis and evaluation of scientific data
- Ability to work independently and on multiple projects simultaneously in an efficient manner
- Interact with validation and production teams to provide efficient transfer of analytical methods and reagents post development
- Responsible for troubleshooting assays, as needed
- Responsible for applying design of experiments (DOE) and other systematic and statistical approaches to method development
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment and communicate professionally
- Mentor and provide scientific expertise to the method development team
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Biochemistry, Chemistry or Biology with 5+ years of related industry experience
- Strong knowledge of organic chemistry is preferred
- Strong problem solving skills are required
- Prior experience working in a regulated GLP compliant environment preferred
- Experience developing LCMS assays in biological samples required (experience developing large molecule assays by LCMS is preferred but not essential)
- Experience utilizing statistical tools such as ANOVA analysis, Design of experiment (DOE) is preferred.
- Knowledge of Laboratory Automation, Chromatographic/MS-MS Software (e.g. Analyst) and LIMS systems (e.g. Watson) preferred
- Experience with capillary electrophoresis is a plus