Scientist, Mass Spectrometry - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Passionate and optimistic individual needed to support development of mass spectrometry-based diagnostic assays/product development for newborn screening and adjacent clinical space. Under guidance and within an IVD quality system, this individual will design, develop, and execute experiments for assays/product concepts using triple quadrupole mass spectrometry. In addition, the individual will also coordinate various maintenance and compliance activities by working with team members on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
Product development projects are performed by teams with members in the Waltham R&D group as well as project management, R&D and other functions from our Turku, Finland manufacturing facility.
- Under guidance, evaluate new technologies/workflows with potential for assay and product development.
- Experimental design, execution and documentation
- Design and perform assay development experiments with the project team as assigned/under guidance
- Analyze/interpret results by analytical and statistical approaches including documentation
- Participate in problem-solving efforts and document results
- Create and edit project documents within the IVD product development framework
- Laboratory Maintenance and Compliance
- Complete and document required training
- Participate with larger R&D team in instrument maintenance
- Work with Quality Manager to prepare for periodic internal and external quality audits
Other Requirements: Requires excellent organizational, written, interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to think out of the box. Can work with others at all levels across a matrix organization demonstrating a collegial and productive manner. Must have good data analysis and writing skills. Exhibits strong bias for action and results orientation.