This job is currently Archived,
Scientist (m/f) Nucleic Acid Delivery for applied medical research - United States
CureVac AG (company)
Posted on : 07 June 2017
Design. Progress. Together.
- Our company is a biopharmaceutical company researching, developing and producing novel drugs based on the natural molecule Messenger RNA (mRNA).
- Our focus is on innovative cancer immunotherapies and prophylactic vaccines.
- Currently, about 290 RNA people are striving to achieve our main goal: To bring the first mRNA-based drug worldwide to the market.
- Planning and supporting projects to develop RNA delivery technology
- Development and characterization of novel lipid-based mRNA formulations
- Theoretical and practical drafting of scientific issues and matters relating to patent law in preclinical cellular and animal-experimental systems
- Preparing presentations and reports and presenting results to appropriate target groups
- Technical staff training
- Doctorate in natural sciences with a sound knowledge of the specialist aspects and methods involved in biochemistry, organic chemistry or pharmaceutics
- Excellent knowledge of lipid-based formulation systems
- Professional experience at various academic institutions or industrial companies is mandatory
- Deep knowledge of formulating nucleic acids and the transfection of cells is required
- Experience with animal models
- Interdisciplinary thinking and a willingness to embrace new subject areas
- High level of self-motivation with the ability to work independently and in a structured way
- Good team player with excellent communication skills
- Fluent written and spoken English
- We offer you a challenging and varied opportunity with an innovative and dynamic company that is expanding.
- With much passion and sense of responsibility, we work together on the medical revolution.
- We pride ourselves on maintaining an honest and trusting relationship with each other which is characterized by openness to new ideas and continuous progress. Mutual respect, reliability and personal initiative are self-evident for us.