This job is currently Archived,
Scientist (m/f) Genomics Process Development - Germany
Posted on : 18 July 2017
- As one of the most rapidly growing biotechnology companies in Europe, we’re working on revolutionary approaches in the fight against cancer and other diseases.
- Over 500 dedicated, passionate pioneers achieve sensational success and promising breakthroughs time and again by forging new paths – and ensure people all around the world have hope for the future.
- You too can become a pioneer! Here, you’ll achieve greatness. As a part of our lighthouse project IVAC, you will soon take the next critical step with us.
- You will become a worldwide forerunner in the development of a completely new type of immunotherapy against cancer using individualized tumor vaccines.
Your duties in detail:
- You will be responsible for the implementation of a semi-automated genomics process – from nucleic acid extraction to sequencing in a regulated environment (GLP/GCLP).
- You will take care of process optimization, troubleshooting, and method transfer of protocols for nucleic acid extraction, library preparation, and next generation sequencing (Illumina HiSeq 4000 and MiSeq Dx).
- You will support the department in planning the experiments, data analysis, and documentation of the results, and you will have joint responsibility for the qualification of equipment and validation of methods.
- Together with your team colleagues, you will implement MES and LIMS systems for GCLP-compliant genomics processing and its documentation.
- Additionally, you will look after the documentation and coordination of projects and will present the results of your optimization and establishment work in internal meetings.
What you have to offer.
- Degree in natural sciences in biology, biochemistry, biotechnology or similar field of study
- Several years of professional experience in the area of molecular biology and handling human specimens
- Several years of professional experience in the area of next generation sequencing, in particular with Illumina platforms (HiSeq/MiSeq), as well as with laboratory automation systems (preferably Beckman Coulter)
- Experience in a GLP/GCLP environment. First experiences with LIMS/MES systems are desirable
- Flexibility and good documentation, organizational and communication skills