This full-time benefited role is located at our Lincoln, NE facility.
Role: The role of the Scientist-Lab Automation is a hands-on position working with the laboratory automation systems, LIMS, and electronic laboratory notebook. A key component of the role is to utilize software application and computer science knowledge in order to translate scientific requirements into the automation software. The incumbent will combine his/her scientific and computer science expertise to build the department's automation strategy.
- Write application software for liquid-handling and instrument-tending laboratory robots
- Collaborate with scientists to translate scientific protocol requirements into application software
- Facilitate the development and validation of automated methods for bioanalysis
- Contribute to the development of core tools, in Java and other software environment, SQL query, and excel macros to simplify application programming
- Collaborate with business partners in preparation and review of protocols/ reports for instrument validation/ operation to include risk assessments, user requirements, validation strategy documents, installation/ operation/ performance qualifications and Standard Operating Procedures
- Collaborate with operations to identify automation opportunities, prepare justification, obtain vendor quotes and draft budget items
- Collaborate with Laboratory Information Systems stakeholders to integrate automated data systems processes into analytical testing
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert to provide training and support, as needed, for automation techniques
- Prepare/ review documents for method validation to include protocols and reports
- Troubleshoot field service issues
- Bachelor's degree in biomedical sciences, bioengineering, engineering, computer science or applicable field and 2+ years of experience
- Experience with common analytical techniques is preferred
- Thorough knowledge of automation systems such as Hamilton, Sciclone, etc. is preferred
- Must have advanced knowledge of LIMS or Laboratory Notebook systems
- Proficiency with Excel macros and automation software is preferred
- Previous instrument or software validation experience is preferred
In addition to providing clinical pharmacology and early clinical research services in North America and Europe, Celerion operates two bioanalytical laboratories where the latest analytical technologies are leveraged to provide quantitative measures of drug, metabolite and biomarkers in samples collected from humans participating in research studies. With over 750 employees and over 40 years of experience conducting early clinical research Celerion is the provider of choice for many of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies. In addition, Celerion scientists bring a depth of experience in drug development that is proving important for growing businesses in Asia and other parts of the world.