This job is currently Archived,
Scientist II – Global and Quantitative Proteomics - United States
Posted on : 30 March 2017
- Our company is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives.
- Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health.
- We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge.
- With a presence in more than 70 countries - and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
- The scientist will be part of a diverse team investigating drug mechanism of action, molecular basis of disease states, and target biology validation.
- The successful candidate will have insatiable curiosity, a strong work ethic, and the ability to work equally well in a team or independently.
- The successful candidate will also possess the following:
- Provide large-scale quantitative proteomic strategy to support targets discovery
- Develop methods to obtain insight into pre-clinical toxicology
- Generate data to corroborate or elaborate the cellular MOA of small molecules
- Support and maintenance of a variety of mass spectrometers, including-o Thermo Quantiva 3q MS w/ Easy nLCo Thermo Q-Exactive HF w/ Easy nLCo Thermo Fusion Lumos w/ Ultimate 3000 LC
Requirements & Education:
Ph.D. with at least 4 years of work experience or M.S. with at least 10 years’ relevant work experience preferred
Skills and Background
- Strong in backgrounder and complex sample preparation techniques
- Hands-on experience with LC-MS workflow
- A variety of target enrichment techniques using immunoprecipitation or chemical probe
- Protein identification and quantification from both enriched and complex samples
- Post translation modification mapping
- Understanding of database search and popular proteomics software platforms
- A strong background in statistics and data analysis of complex data sets
- Good sterile technique and general cell culturing
- Working knowledge of cellular and molecular biology techniques
- Our company is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.
- Our company complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for our company in the U.S