Scientist II, Cell and Molecular Biology - CRISPR Technology - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
BioMarin’s Development Sciences group is responsible for everything from research and discovery to post-market clinical development. Development Sciences involves all bench and clinical research and the associated groups that support those endeavors. Our teams work on developing first-in-class and best-in-class therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with rare diseases. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
Scientist I or II, Cell and Molecular Biology
We are searching for a highly motivated scientist to work in an interdisciplinary team-based environment on development of therapies for rare genetic disorders. It would be highly desirable for the candidate to have had experience with CRISPR technology for creating knockout cell lines that could serve as disease models or to explore this technology as a possible treatment for rare genetic diseases. This position requires an individual who has both CRISPR and other related technical skills and a deep understanding of cell biology. Such an individual should also be expected to contribute new technology development and new project ideas.
• Creation of knockout cell lines that could serve as disease models with CRISPR or other technologies.
• Development of this technology as a possible treatment for monogenetic diseases
• Work independently but also contribute to team projects and collaborations, when required.
• Has primary or shared responsibility for complex projects.
• May lead a group of one or more research associates. If so, needs to balance scientific and supervisory responsibilities.
• Participates in scientific meetings.
· Advanced skills in experimental design, data analysis, and data presentation.
· Capable of generating quality scientific publications/reports, and oral presentations.
· Identify opportunities for new project ideas.
· Ability to supervise and/or train research associates.
- Ph.D. degree with at least 0-2+ years of post-doctoral or industry experience is desired, with a proven track record of designing, performing and writing up experiments, as evidenced by original peer-reviewed scientific publications.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.