This job is currently Archived,
Posted on : 20 June 2017
Assist in the development of methods for related to the testing and characterization of biotherapeutics using biophysical instrumentation and methodologies. Under minimal supervision, may be responsible for method development, client interaction, interpretation and reporting of data and regulatory compliance of assigned research projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform and troubleshoot laboratory experiments, test, and procedures within accepted regulatory compliance for the characterization and analysis of biotherapeutics using biophysical testing and characterization instrumentation and methodologies.
- Perform routine testing techniques such as the following with a high degree of reliability, efficiency and accuracy:
- Analytical Ultracentrifugation (AUC)
- Size Exclusion HPLC-MALLS (SEC-MALLS)
- Differential Scanning Calorimetry (DSC)
- Intrinsic Tryptophan Fluorescence (ITF)
- Fourier transform Infrared (FTIR)
- Dynamic Light Scattering (DLS)
- Protein Binding via SPR-Biacore
- Circular Dichroism (CD)
- Review, interpret, integrate and present experimental data using assistance of senior technical staff as appropriate.
- Assist in reviewing procedures and data.
- Generate high-quality protocols and reports in conjunction with senior research personnel.
- Provide technical guidance to junior staff.
- Assist in long-term projects (redesign of SOPs, STMs, basic research procedures or report formats).
- Interact with the client regarding project design, scheduling and conduct as requested.
- Collaborate with appropriate departments to coordinate performance of projects, discuss issues and prepare reports.
- Attend scientific meetings, conferences and training courses to enhance job and professional skills.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor s degree (B.A. /B.S.) or equivalent in a related scientific discipline. M.S. or Ph.D. preferred.
- Experience: Minimum of three (3) years experience within a contract research, academic or pharmaceutical industry, including experience in the core competencies of characterization and analysis of biotherapeutics.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience with contract research or the pharmaceutical industry may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: None.
- Other: Ability to work on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situation or data requires a review of identifiable factors. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action. Effective written and verbal communication skills with the ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize work and meet deadlines within a cGMP environment. Capable of data interpretation of basic characterization and analysis of biotherapeutics (glycoproteins and peptides) using biophysical tools and methodologies. Capable of anticipating and recognizing potential problems. Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions and possess good interpersonal skills that are conducive to effective communication.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Our company is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vet
Find a Job Find Candidates