Scientist I, Vector Biology - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Our company is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children.
- These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options.
- Our company will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
- Our company’s Development Sciences group is responsible for everything from research and discovery to post-market clinical development.
- Development Sciences involves all bench and clinical research and the associated groups that support those endeavors.
- Our teams work on developing first-in-class and best-in-class therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with rare diseases.
- Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
- Our company's Vector Biology group is responsible for initiating and guiding gene therapy projects through the research, pre-clinical and clinical phases.
- This is a position for a highly innovative, passionate, and energetic Scientist to develop adeno-associated viral vector technologies in an industry setting.
- The candidate should be extremely motivated to drive drug development.
The Scientist/Sr Scientist is part of a multidisciplinary research team responsible for using our company’s Proprietary technology platform to develop gene therapy applications. This person must have extensive experience with AAV vectors. Major responsibilities include:
- Identification and development of new AAV Applications
- AAV Capsids development
- Vector design
- Assist in management of projects with partners and/or contract laboratories
- For the Senior Scientist, this person would potentially lead a research function in either muscle or liver disease and manage a team consisting of 1-2 research associates and/or PhD Level Scientists
A Ph.D. in the Biomedical Sciences.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.