This job is currently Archived,
Scientist I, T Cell Immunology - United States
Posted on : 30 March 2017
- Our company is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives.
- Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health.
- We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge.
- With a presence in more than 70 countries - and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
- We are seeking an experienced, self-motivated, and resourceful Immunologist to join a team focused on the discovery and characterization of novel drug candidates that modulate Regulatory T Cells (Treg) for the treatment of both autoimmune diseases and cancer.
- This company Scientist role will be responsible for contributing to the identification of new drug targets and characterize the mechanism of action of novel drug candidates.
- The successful candidate will have a deep understanding of cellular immunology, immune tolerance, and autoimmunity and/or immuno-oncology.
- Extensive laboratory experience with the culture, functional characterization, and molecular profiling of human T cells is required.
- Specific experience with the biology of Tregs and/or with the use of humanized mouse models is highly desirable.
- A record of scientific achievement demonstrated in high impact peer-reviewed publications
- Possesses extensive experience with flow cytometry
- Strong data analysis skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to work productively and collaboratively within a tight-knit team
- Resourceful in overcoming challenges
- A highly motivated, self-starter work ethic
- Experience in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry will be a plus
- Able to design complex experiments with scientific rationale.
- Able to critically analyze and interpret data.
- Learning the drug development process.
- Draw appropriate conclusions.
- Possess in-depth knowledge in area.
- Understands fundamental scientific problems and can apply knowledge to research and development projects and problems in a positive manner.
- Developing skills in critical interpretation of scientific data and problem solving and reporting of scientific data.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Contributes individually as well as on cross functional teams.
- Responsible for more complex assignments and for more than 1 project.
- Able to evaluate CRO's.
- Well versed in fundamentals of functional area.
- Understands the context, impact and timely communication of data.
- Works as an individual contributor.
- Viewed as a knowledgeable resource within the department.
- Supervising/mentor role in function.
Creativity and Problem Solving:
- Critically assess project(s) and formulates ideas.
- Implement solutions independently.
- Scope of problem solving is generally within the departmental function.
- Recommend and formulate protocols and experimental plans.
Teamwork and Influence:
- Communicates with cross functional team.
- Routinely contributes to the achievement of workgroup/team goals.
- Represents workgroup/team or department on multi-disciplinary or cross functional teams.
- Beginning to have a direct impact on departmental performance.
- Impact is achieved primarily by contributing to team efforts.
- Our company is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.
- Our company complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for our company in the U.S.