This job is currently Archived,
Scientist I, Pharmacology San Francisco United States,
Posted on : 28 March 2017
- Our company is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives.
- Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health.
- We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge.
- With a presence in more than 70 countries - and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
- Our company Research is seeking a highly motivated and innovative research scientist with demonstrated expertise in molecular and cellular biology to join the company Research team.
- The successful candidate will develop and implement advanced molecular biology assays to characterize early passage patient derived samples down to the single cell level. In addition, the candidate should have deep expertise in evaluating the effects of genes on the proliferation of cells grown in 3d organoid culture with shRNA. The candidate should be able to identify and implement innovative solutions to address CQR s unique platform requirements.
- The candidate should be able to demonstrate a track record of initiative, creativity, organization and independent performance at a high level.
- The candidate will participate on project teams to discover and optimize new drug targets and related pharmacologic assets.
- The candidate should be highly effective in collaborating with internal and external team members and CRO s.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develop general molecular biology tools, vectors and protocols geared towards advancing drug discovery activities.
- Support next-generation sequencing characterization of proprietary in vitro and in vivo oncology models including, but not limited to, whole genome bisulfite sequencing and single cell RNA-Seq.
- Perform genetic and pharmacologic validation of genetic/epigenetic targets using advanced molecular and cell biology assays.
- Critically analyze and report/communicate data with the intent of informing colleagues and drafting innovative solutions.
Ph.D. in Biochemistry & Molecular Biology with at least 2 years of Biotech work experience required.
- Next-generation sequencing methods including library preparation
- Single cell strand specific qRT-PCR
- Flow cytometry and alternative protein quantitation methods
- Lentiviral shRNA and CRISPR knockdown/knockout technologies applied to patient-derived xenografts (PDXs) and 3D organoid mammalian cultures
- Transgenic cell line creation
- Able to design complex experiments with scientific rationale.
- Able to critically analyze and interpret data.
- Learning the drug development process.
- Draw appropriate conclusions.
- Possess in-depth knowledge in area.
- Understands fundamental scientific problems and can apply knowledge to research and development projects and problems in a positive manner.
- Developing skills in critical interpretation of scientific data and problem solving and reporting of scientific data.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Contributes individually as well as on cross functional teams.
- Responsible for more complex assignments and for more than 1 project.
- Able to evaluate CRO's.
- Well versed in fundamentals of functional area.
- Understands the context, impact and timely communication of data.
- Works as an individual contributor.
- Viewed as a knowledgeable resource within the department.
- Supervising/mentor role in function.
Creativity and Problem Solving:
- Critically assess project(s) and formulates ideas.
- Implement solutions independently.
- Scope of problem solving is generally within the departmental function.
- Recommend and formulate protocols and experimental plans.
Teamwork and Influence:
- Communicates with cross functional team.
- Routinely contributes to the achievement of workgroup/team goals.
- Represents work group/team or department on multi-disciplinary or cross functional teams.
- Beginning to have a direct impact on departmental performance.
- Impact is achieved primarily by contributing to team efforts.
- Our company is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.
- Our company complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for our company in the U.S.
San Francisco CA US
Find a Job Find Candidates