Scientist I,Neuro Immunology, Research - United States
- The company Department of Neuro/Immunology seeks a highly motivated and keen experimentalist whose primary responsibility is to advance drug discovery and development by performing bench research.
- The individual will be expected to design studies and execute research aimed at target discovery to treat acute neurological indications and chronic neurodegenerative diseases as well as the development of assays and platforms to support drug discovery.
- The individual is expected to function independently and creatively within the context of project teams, drawing on pertinent literature, and to foster collaborations to maximize synergies and cross disciplinary approaches to advance the studies.
- The work will involve a wide array of in vitro and in vivo techniques and is expected to yield high quality publications.
- Skilled experimentation; independent design, execution and analysis of experiments.
- Platform and assay development, focus on iPSCs, brain slice preparations and in vivo rodent models.
- The ability to leverage new technologies to advance research and platform development.
- Collaborative and effective team member to communicate internally and externally.
- Development and delivery of effective presentations; ability to defend work.
- Preparation of high quality manuscripts, research project reports, or invention disclosures.
- Ph.D. degree and postdoctoral fellowship in neuroscience.
- Required are excellent technical skills, a track record of hypothesis-driven experimentation and primary authored publications, excellent communication and collaboration skills, and strong sense of urgency.
- Prefer expertise in molecular, cellular, and/or systems neuroscience with working knowledge of iPSC cultures, animal models, molecular genetics, and imaging. Experience with bioinformatics analyses and zebrafish model is a plus but not required.
Ph.D degree in Neuroscience.
- Through cutting-edge science and medicine, our company discovers, develops and delivers worldwide innovative therapies for people living with serious neurological and neurodegenerative diseases.
- Our company is a pioneer in biotechnology and today the Company has the leading portfolio of medicines to treat multiple sclerosis (MS), has introduced the first and only approved treatment for spinal muscular atrophy, and is at the forefront of neurology research for conditions including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS).
- Our company also manufactures and commercializes biosimilars of advanced biologics.
- Our global organization of nearly 7,000 employees is committed to a single mission: making a meaningful difference in the lives of patients with few or no treatment options.
- Our company was founded in 1978 and today serves patients in nearly 70 countries.
- We aspire to have the greatest impact on patients and science of any biotechnology company in the history of our industry.
- To us, that means creating novel medicines that benefit individuals and society, and bringing new scientific understanding to diseases for which there are no adequate treatments.
- For nearly two decades our company has led in the research and development of new therapies to treat MS, including the most prescribed oral treatment in the world.
- Now our research is driving revolutionary new MS treatments with the goal of reversing or even repairing damage caused by the disease.
- We are now applying our neurological expertise to solve some of most challenging and complex diseases of the brain, including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, and ALS.
- As we uncover new insights into human biology, our company is employing cutting-edge technologies to discover potential treatments for rare and genetic disorders.
- Our company is revolutionizing biologic manufacturing, developing the industry’s most advanced plants and processes.
- This expertise is used to produce both original innovative therapies and bio similar that expand patient access to lower-cost medicines.
Our Corporate Citizenship
- The same intellectual discipline and passion that drives our science is reflected in our corporate citizenship, environmental sustainability, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- As a company, we are focused on improving science education and limiting the impact of our company on the environment.
Job Segment: Biotech, Scientific, Scientist, Telecom, Science, Engineering, Research, Technology