Scientist I - Methods Development - United States
For nearly 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
We are seeking an experienced Scientist I- Methods Development for our Biologics Testing Solutions site located in Malvern, PA.
This position will assist in the development of methods for biopharmaceutical services testing. Under minimal supervision, this individual may be responsible for method development, client interaction, interpretation and reporting of data and regulatory compliance of assigned research projects.
The following are minimum requirements related to the Scientist I- Methods Development position.
- Plan and execute laboratory research for biopharmaceutical services testing.
- Participate in activities that may include such as RNA isolation, DNA isolation, DNA cloning, DNA sequencing, PCR, and other standard molecular biology, microbiology, and/or virology-related techniques.
- Use sequence analysis tools and DNA sequence databases to generate oligonucleotide primers and probes for PCR assay development.
- Review, interpret, integrate and present experimental data using assistance of senior technical staff as appropriate.
- Assist in reviewing procedures and data.
- Generate high-quality protocols and reports in conjunction with senior research personnel.
- Provide technical guidance to research staff.
- Assist in long-term projects (redesign of SOPs, STMs, basic research procedures or report formats).
- Interact with the client regarding project design, scheduling and conduct as requested.
- Collaborate with appropriate departments to coordinate performance of projects, discuss issues and prepare reports.
- Attend scientific meetings, conferences, and training courses to enhance job and professional skills.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Doctoral degree (Ph.D.) or equivalent in a scientific discipline related to molecular biology.
- Experience: Minimum of 0 to 3 years experience in a biological research and/or development environment.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience with contract research or the pharmaceutical industry may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: None required
- Other: Ability to work on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situation or data requires a review of identifiable factors. Exercise judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action. Demonstrates potential for technical proficiency, scientific creativity, and collaboration with others and independent thought. Effective written and verbal communication skills with the ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize work and meet deadlines in a GMP environment. Capable of data interpretation of basic molecular biology studies. Capable of anticipating and recognizing potential problems. Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions and possess good interpersonal skills that are conductive to effective communication.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vet