Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, âquest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries, and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
Scientist I in Biochemistry
The Biochemistry and Molecular Pharmacology Department at Celgene Cambridge is seeking a highly motivated biochemist for a Scientist I position. The incumbent will develop and execute biochemical and biophysical assays and express and purify recombinant proteins to support our drug discovery efforts. The successful candidate should have a B.S. degree with at least 10 years, a M.S. degree with at least 8 years, or a Ph.D. degree with at least 2 years of experience in biochemistry or a related field.
- Develop, optimize, trouble shoot, and execute biochemical and biophysical assays primarily focused on small molecule effectors of protein targets
- Analyze and report results to the corporate database & present results to project teams
- Produce recombinant proteins from E. coli and Baculovirus systems internally and coordinate the same via contract research organizations
Technical Skills & Knowledge:
- Extensive experience and expertise in plate-based biochemical and biophysical assays
- A deep understanding of enzymology and enzyme kinetics and strong ability to analyze enzyme kinetic data and binding isotherms
- Experience with surface plasmon resonance (SPR), lab automation and high-throughput screening
- Broadly trained in recombinant protein construct design, expression in E. coli and Baculovirus systems and purification using FPLC and equivalent chromatography systems.
- Ability to work independently and as an integrated team member
- Ability to function as lead biochemist on projects and balance multiple projects
- Reliably execute on team responsibilities with urgency
- Highly self-motivated and fueled by a fundamental interest in contributing to science in general and drug discovery in particular
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organization skills
#LI-POSTCelgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.