- We are seeking an experienced Scientist in the field of single-cell sorting and analysis as applied to research and clinical arenas that utilize human blood specimens or other relevant tissues.
- The Scientist will hold a laboratory-centered role in a dynamic core facility and will work with moderate supervision alongside a number of scientists that access this resource.
- As part of a multi-disciplinary team, the Scientist will be accountable for high quality deliverables as related to cell sorting and immunophenotyping.
- A major emphasis of this position is the ability to embrace a role of continuous self-improvement, self-motivation to increase his/her practical scientific abilities as well as commanding the theory behind such efforts.
- The expected working hours for this position are 12PM-9PM, Monday-Friday.
- Perform flow cytometry cell sorting and analysis.
- A working knowledge of the regulated working environment, which includes ongoing training and rigorous documentation of laboratory activities.
- Design well-controlled experiments, to proactively identify instrument and reagent issues and troubleshoot problems as they arise.
- A commitment to laboratory safety and ability to work with BSL2+ or lesser materials.
- Optimal communication and organizational skills, and the concordant ability to multitask.
- Doctorate degree
- Master’s degree and 4 years of scientific experience
- Bachelor’s degree and 6 years of scientific experience
- Experience and aptitude in working in a core laboratory environment with moderate supervision.
- First-hand expertise in cell sorting and high-parameter immunophenotyping (>10 colors).
- Ability to design immunophenotyping panels that are optimized for minimal fluorescence spillover and optimal signal intensities across 3-5 lasers.
- A working knowledge of good documentation practices.
- The ability to multitask and work with a variety of investigators in a multidisciplinary team setting.
- The ability to supervise others.
- Our company focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people’s lives.
- A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, our company has grown to be one of the world’s leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
- Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
- We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Fair Chance Ordinance.